DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 37 of 53 First ... 27353637383947 ... Last
    When using the cloud feature, the initial connection goes through the network facilitation service which attempts to establish the most direct connection. That would be the DigitalOcean IP address. I'd really need to see the logs for both the host and client in order to see what's going on. You can open a ticket here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...oup/1/create/1 and attach the logs.

Today the only player having disconnects was the player with the 2 gb computer. He has given up on Unity and left the gaming session. We may try to go back to Classic, which would leave us without LoS. I specifically disabled IPv6, CfosSpeed (traffic shaping software, although the router still does some), Onedrive, Teamviewer, Splashtop, MSI Afterburner and we used cloud connection to get better network logging.

Next week the other group plays again with the Linux and other Windows based player who disconnected last time. I mostly suspect IPv6 (mixed with IPv4) to be a possible culprit and maybe the traffic shaping software. This would still leave FGU the only software to suffer such issues, but let's now speculate before running a few more sessions and then gradually turning things back on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Today the only player having disconnects was the player with the 2 gb computer. He has given up on Unity and left the gaming session. We may try to go back to Classic, which would leave us without LoS. I specifically disabled IPv6, CfosSpeed (traffic shaping software, although the router still does some), Onedrive, Teamviewer, Splashtop, MSI Afterburner and we used cloud connection to get better network logging.

Next week the other group plays again with the Linux and other Windows based player who disconnected last time. I mostly suspect IPv6 (mixed with IPv4) to be a possible culprit and maybe the traffic shaping software. This would still leave FGU the only software to suffer such issues, but let's now speculate before running a few more sessions and then gradually turning things back on again.
    No logs? Ask the players for their logs since you do all their Tech Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post

Question: Is this particular player using a wireless connection?
    If not, are they actually using a compute with specs that meet the minimum requirement suggestions for FGU? https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/fant...m-requirements
    Honestly, this does sound rather player specific as opposed to a Unity issue.
    Is there any chance some of some images or maps might that might be too large or numerous for this particular user in regards to memory, HD space, and his/her bandwidth available?

Wireless Data Streams.png
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Still experiencing multiple disconnects. Please see threads #311, #247 and #291 for history.
    Log files are attached

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Skofield; March 2nd, 2021 at 22:33.

I obviously wasn’t clear enough. The 2 gb player does not count, his PC cannot handle FGU. No logs, he gave up on Unity and may leave both gaming groups unless we change back to Classic.

The only important/interesting disconnect are those of my other players (two I reported about before). I only ever mentioned the 2gb player, because I got the same strange console.log and player.log entries on my server PC that I also got with the other disconnects, despite likely different disconnect reasons.

Unfortunately everyone was eager to throw minimum specs at me instead of discussing the topic at hand.

Anyway, I will keep IPv6 disabled next week and report back the results.

One of my players disconnected mid-session today. I'm emailing the logs for reference.

We need the logs from both the GM and player to look into network connections. Next time, please grab both the player and GM logs right after the disconnect. If the player hasn't restarted FGU since the disconnect (i.e. just connected again instead of exiting); then they should be able to restart and get the logs. FGU will remember logs for one historical session as well as current session.

Also, there is always a chance that there is a valid disconnect due to network interruption in any network application.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Skofield View Post
    Still experiencing multiple disconnects. Please see threads #311, #247 and #291 for history.
    Log files are attached

Thank you
    Your logs have multiple client side timeouts, which means FGU did not receive anything from the host for 30 seconds. Something on your PC or router might be dropping the inbound packets .. Can you check your router security settings and see if there is any kind of packet inspection, IPS/IDS or UDP flood settings that can be turned off? Another thing you can try, since you are establishing a direct IPv6 connection, is to disable IPv6 on your PC network interface which should force you to get an IPv4 punch-through or relay connection.. then you can see if the timeouts persist.

We will be playing again on March 20. I will look into making the changes you recommend and will let you know if they have any effect.
    Thank you

Skofield

Thread Information