Starfinder Playlist
Page 35 of 53 First ... 25333435363745 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Which was not the point of my post, but thanks anyway.
    Maybe not, but Minimum specs are there for a reason.

You're going to get abnormal errors in various places once the out of memory scenario occurs; including in the networking which also needs memory to work. As @Sulimo mentioned, the minimum specs are there for a reason. We're still looking at improving the memory usage, but 2GB is going to be very limiting and run into issues regularly. They should definitely have all modules unloaded, and the GM will need to be very careful with the size of maps/tokens they use.

Regards,
    JPG

FGU eats too much memory to begin with, uses far too much memory to load images and suffers from memory leaks. That being said, could we please stay on topic and answer the question at hand?!

Is it expected behavior that my GM/server PC (32 gb RAM) starts a new console.log and writes its GM/server player.log full of NUL when one of my players disconnects (until he reconnects)?

We had two different disconnects at different times from two different players using different operating systems, one of those may or may not have been based on the player's PC going out of memory due to weak hardware. Still the question was about the server log behavior, which turned out to show the same behavior in both cases.

You asked for logs, I provided logs and questioned the state of said logs. So let's talk logs.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; February 23rd, 2021 at 18:49.

No, the console.log should not get moved/rewritten unless you either start a second instance of FGU, or close and restart FGU. I'm guessing that one of those things happened in your scenario.

I have no idea why the GM player log is getting filled with NULLs. We don't write to the Player.log directly; that's part of the Unity game engine.

Regards,
    JPG

No, neither of these things happened. Everyone kept playing and the disconnected player reconnected. Again, I did not restart my server FGU instance and it was the only instance running. This is true for both disconnects that happened that night (I still have the earlier log of the first disconnect here).

Then, I have no idea at this point; because I've never seen that happen locally. Please note that even accidentally starting the FGU launcher will reset the console.log.

Regards,
    JPG

I wonder now if I had started the launcher when the first disconnect happened in order to guide the player how to compile a log right after his disconnect. I mean to remember staring at the console (four lines) button. If so then I was wrong in my last post. I don't remember anything like it with the second disconnect, though.

We play every week and there will be more disconnects, so we get a chance to take another look then.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I wonder now if I had started the launcher when the first disconnect happened in order to guide the player how to compile a log right after his disconnect. I mean to remember staring at the console (four lines) button. If so then I was wrong in my last post. I don't remember anything like it with the second disconnect, though.

We play every week and there will be more disconnects, so we get a chance to take another look then.
    Perhaps before the game begins, show the players how to use the Compile Logs button, then when they crash get them to email (or whatever) to you, then you can upload them all (unedited) to Smiteworks via the Ticket system and they can see the unedited logs.

I did not edit any logs, why would I? I got logs from all my players this week, even those who did not lose connection (but had some button clicks not being registered). Only posted the relevant one to connection loss (this time the Linux based player). I specifically did not post the log of the first connection loss, because that was the other player with the 2 gb system. But both disconnects looked the same from my server PCs side of things (aka logs).

Anyways, direct connection did not help, next week we go cloud again, because it was mentioned here that the network.log only works then. I will disable IPv6 then, though.

I noticed this in one log:

"UPnP failed!"

Why does FGU try to use UPnP and what ports does it try to open? (using LAN connection, not cloud)

Thread Information