DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 34 of 53 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Tonight I had 1 player disconnect, 1 player's map image going black (while image window was resized, same player as last weeks), 1 player clicking on Action spell effect without it being applied and 1 player double-clicking to hit/attack without a roll happening. All of them provided me with logs. Just tell me where to upload them.

I specifically used a direct/LAN connection today instead of the cloud. Next time I will disable IPv6 completely for testing.
    Can can upload them here. Or to a cloud site and link them here. Or to a cloud site and open a support ticket with a link to them and to this thread. Whichever you prefer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Logs of player "Haleon" who disconnected (seems rather empty) + GM (my) logs. Curious observation: When the player disconnected my GM session started a new console.log and my player.log was filled with pages of NUL until he reconnected.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Disable ALL extensions. Equipped_Effects_Extension_(Fantasy_Grounds_Unity) and any others that affect the Actions tab in particular can cause the errors in these logs. The latest update to FG has also broken MANY extensions. Try again with NO extensions enabled and go from there.

So if one out of 5 players + GM disconnects then extensions are to be blamed? Count me suspicious and expecting this to be handled more gracefully by FGU. And of course we will not disable all extensions when we play, it would lessen our fun as extensions are needed to compensate various shortcomings of the UI/UX.

Based on the UI errors I saw in the logs, that looks suspiciously like an extension (as mentioned) that is modifying the character sheet. I didn't say anything about the ONE network disconnect that was in the logs. Are these the full logs? they look to have been cut short...

But if you are unwilling to assist in the troubleshooting process, which naturally includes disabling extensions in order to work with a clean environment, then....well... yeah.

At the very least, do yourself a favor and go see if the authors released updates to fix the bugs in their third-party unsupported extensions after the latest FG updates.

The network logs only track the cloud connection (since that file is used to log the negotiations); so there won't be anything in the network logs for a LAN game. We'll only be able to analyze logs for Cloud games. Also, the players logs show don't have any information; which means that the player restarted at least twice since the issue occurred. Please ask them to do it right away next time to pull useful info.

Are you sure that there is not something that is causing the connection to lag or fail (either on your side, on player side, or in the middle)? (Network connection issues can occur outside of our control; as the Internet is complex as you know. We've seen people hit ISP security filters, parental controls, ad blockers, antivirus, packet inspection blocking, and more.)

As @Lou Ciphor mentioned, it might be worthwhile trying to disable extensions to see if it helps; because problem extensions could create floods of network events that could impact. Since extensions are basically programs, there is no guarantee that they are good actors network-wise.

Regards,
    JPG

We will try a cloud connection again next time, just without IPv6 to get another thing out of the equation.

Why was my GM side player.log spammed with NUL characters between the player's disconnect and reconnect?

I also wonder about this error message right after the network error message: "Lobby: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Ein Blockierungsvorgang wurde durch einen Aufruf von WSACancelBlockingCall unterbrochen."
    Last edited by Weissrolf; February 23rd, 2021 at 00:53.

Earlier during the same session another player disconnected shortly after first connection. He uses a weak computer, maybe weak internet and suffers from memory issues since using FGU (only 2 gb RAM in his PC). My logs show the same behavior of a new console.log being created when the player disconnected and pages of NUL in player.log. Is this expected behavior?

Which was not the point of my post, but thanks anyway.

Thread Information