STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 53 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last

Disconnecting Repeatedly (Socket Exception while sending)

Hi, this is my first post to this forum, so I apologize if the format is off. I'm happy to edit if necessary.

I've been having connection issues with Unity since I first started trying to use it. I can sometimes connect but I don't often stay connected. I've attached error logs, but I'm not quite sure how to read them. I haven't noticed anything specific triggering the issue. I'm usually able to log back in, although it crashes again after a bit.

I thought it may have to do with being on a Demo account last week so I started a subscription, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

-Josh ([email protected])
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jbfidm; December 9th, 2020 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Something is closing the socket almost immediately after FGU begins negotiating the connection. Is the affected player using a firewall or any other security software?
    Sorry for the delayed response. I believe they set up port forwarding for the listed FG port in their router firewall and I believe they are using standard windows security in which they added an exemption for the fantasy grounds directory. Other than that I am unsure.

@Eldin89,

I know that @smelton just helped someone recently who had gotten a new router set up that had a SPI firewall directly on the router. The user should check their router to make sure any "extra helpful" security features aren't trying to interfere (SPI, QoS, Internet filtering, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

The reinstall worked. However, the player already had an existing version of that software and when you try to install the provided link, it tells you that it already existed. I was able to work with them to remove the existing version and then reinstall the version from the link. If more people have this problem, they will likely have to take the same steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @dbachen, Please have your player install the MS library that LordEntrails provided a link to.

@charliehk,
    Please provide the logs using the Compile Logs button in the console for both the GM and the player when the connection issue occurs.
    You can open the console by typing /console in tabletop mode or by clicking the console button at top of screen in launcher/connect mode.

@Eldin89,
    Thanks for the logs; I'm passing on to @smelton who works on the networking.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi there! A friend of mine was having a problem just last night where he'd get suddenly disconnected from the GM's Cloud Server (another friend, not me). I was able to get the player to compile the log and send it to me to investigate. He said he was getting booted from the server a few times, so I had him reboot. After that he said it was fine up until near the end of the session when he got booted again. I'm not sure how many of these dc instances are captured in this log file. What's strange is that he had none of these issues last week when he played on the same server, same game, same computer.

My gut tells me the issue is on his macbook/ISP/WiFi end, and so there might not be anything to do other than improve his connectivity to the internet (router upgrade, ethernet cable, etc.). We've had a snow storm recently and I wondered if that could have contributed too. All I could gather from a look at the log myself was something about a "fatal socket exception". I figured I'd pass this along just in case it's related to some known and fixable issue.

Thanks for any guidance!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePsion View Post
    Hi there! A friend of mine was having a problem just last night where he'd get suddenly disconnected from the GM's Cloud Server (another friend, not me). I was able to get the player to compile the log and send it to me to investigate. He said he was getting booted from the server a few times, so I had him reboot. After that he said it was fine up until near the end of the session when he got booted again. I'm not sure how many of these dc instances are captured in this log file. What's strange is that he had none of these issues last week when he played on the same server, same game, same computer.

My gut tells me the issue is on his macbook/ISP/WiFi end, and so there might not be anything to do other than improve his connectivity to the internet (router upgrade, ethernet cable, etc.). We've had a snow storm recently and I wondered if that could have contributed too. All I could gather from a look at the log myself was something about a "fatal socket exception". I figured I'd pass this along just in case it's related to some known and fixable issue.

Thanks for any guidance!
    It also might be on the GMs end with "Advanced Security" being provided by the GMs ISP. I would have both looking into various settings on their routers and security software like QoS, Flood Protection, Parental Controls. Those types of settings often only allow so much traffic before they deem it harmful and cut it off, forcing a new connection be established.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePsion View Post

Thanks for any guidance!
    I reviewed the logs and found frequent connection timeouts to the network facilitation service. Can you provide your logs as well?

unfortunately not. as i said, I'm neither the player nor the GM. I'm trying to liaise for them. If this happens again I can try to instruct the GM to capture his logs as well.

These "connection timeouts to the network facilitation service," is there anything in general I can recommend to them to prevent these?

Thanks!

Connection stability issue with my player

Hello, first time reporting a problem. One of my player seems to have constant problems remaining connected to my server. All other players are perfectly fine.
    I attac here both my log and my player log. Hope I can find a solution for this! Thank you!

Thread Information