Starfinder Playlist
Page 26 of 53 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last
    Looks like a typical failed web request due to some network connectivity issue either on the users end, the server's end or somewhere in between ... Did you wait 10 seconds for it to retry?

Yes, fails at different times but never completes.

Where is the user located? Does the update repeatedly says "Retrying in 10 seconds" every 10 seconds? I only saw it once in the logs

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Where is the user located? Does the update repeatedly says "Retrying in 10 seconds" every 10 seconds? I only saw it once in the logs
    User is located in Los Angeles in a house. Recently upgraded to a faster connection but dont have the specs. I can find out if needed.

Retrying happens sometimes, other time the progress just stops with no notification. He waits for some time then cancels the update and tries again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    User is located in Los Angeles in a house. Recently upgraded to a faster connection but dont have the specs. I can find out if needed.

Retrying happens sometimes, other time the progress just stops with no notification. He waits for some time then cancels the update and tries again.
    Does he have "Advanced Security" feature from his ISP?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Does he have "Advanced Security" feature from his ISP?
    Not sure. His ISP is Spectrum

Blog Entries
    Usually Advanced Security impacts GMs and not players. (See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important)

But, compounding a new service level, I'm suspicious that the player now has something that is interfering. It might be a new modem with a QoS, Flood Protection, or Parental Controls type setting that is limiting his downloads from you (because it thinks he is getting 'attacked'). Have him check his settings, both online if available, or in his modem/router/gateway itself. See if anything like the things I mention are setup, and if their are any logs that indicate any such blocks or protecting.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Usually Advanced Security impacts GMs and not players. (See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important)

But, compounding a new service level, I'm suspicious that the player now has something that is interfering. It might be a new modem with a QoS, Flood Protection, or Parental Controls type setting that is limiting his downloads from you (because it thinks he is getting 'attacked'). Have him check his settings, both online if available, or in his modem/router/gateway itself. See if anything like the things I mention are setup, and if their are any logs that indicate any such blocks or protecting.
    It's the updater that is the issue. Has not gotten to the stage to download from my host computer.

Blog Entries
    Might be the same thing, though seems unlikely. Has he checked his security software to make sure it's not getting blocked? Also, should still have an updater log to look at.

Might be the same thing, though seems unlikely. Has he checked his security software to make sure it's not getting blocked? Also, should still have an updater log to look at.
    I thought the log files I attached in the original post was the updater logs. Is it not?

Thread Information