5E Character Create Playlist
Page 19 of 53 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BalthazzarBraxis View Post
    Hope this helps.
    the first line of your logs is FGU "FREE", not Ultimate, so this maybe a silly question, but...

are you attempting to join a game, or host one? if the latter, you cant

if you've got someone's server address and are attempting to join that, then yeah, that's odd
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; October 1st, 2020 at 08:10.

I have the same issue with one of my players.
    The others can connect and create characters, but whenever this particular user connects, my network resets.
    the user reaches the cloud-servers and sends an invite to me for joining and we get a timeout issue and my network resets

Here are the logs of multiple attempts,
    in two of these instances another user logs in before him
    I do have a suspicion that there is an issue on my users network. it is not a work-computer, but in windows firewall there is a domain network, not just private and public
    while looking through the logs we noticed that our times did not match, he is unable to set the computers clock from the internet, so there are issues for him to connect there.

but still... he reaches the cloudservers and so on, you can see the logs
    GM_fgu_logs_20201001.zip
    Player_fgu_logs_20201001.zip

We managed to get it to work by him skipping his local router, and connecting directly into his isp's socket
    so there are some local router settings blocking him.
    I am hoping though that you might have some suggestions as to what settings should be configured in his router

one more thing, it worked just fine to use his router connecting to FG Classic

I have a development build of a DLL file that you can drop in and test if you would like. Just DM me on Discord and I will send it over to you.

We've had problems for a few weeks. We had no problem for a long time using FGU but, three times in the last month, we've been unable to get them to connect or remain connected if they happened to get in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've also had this issue with getting stuck on "attempting resolved connection to server". I've been able to join random others' games, or get to their password. But once I get to the game I actually want to join I'm stuck on the attempt. I get the same problem on 2 different computers, one from a free account and another from an ultimate account. The Gadgetwolf game is the one I'm actually trying to join to play. wanted game.jpgrandom game.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by obrimo; October 9th, 2020 at 01:45.

@obrimo,

Could we please get the GM and player logs when the connection fails?

Also, the new version I just pushed for FGU (2020-10-08) may help, but we won't know for sure until we see both logs or hear that it does help.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi, having issues with connectivity.
    We can connect to the session but then have to wait for ages to get our character sheets and any modules.
    Sometimes it takes 5 mins.. sometime it just never happens. Other players joining the same session don't seem to have any issues.
    Will email logs.

Hello!
    When I run classic, I have to use a vpn and have players connect to the VPN's assigned IP address. Apparently I have to use the same setup with Unity, using a VPN and LAN connection. But I have two players who live in the same household who can't connect. I am wondering if them being on the same network is causing a problem because I don't have a problem with any other player connecting this way. Has there been any reports of players on the same network not being able to connect?

Badger

If you are using a VPN, then that creates an additional complication.

Have you tried using the Cloud connection option? That should be figuring out the best path automatically for LAN or WAN connections.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information