DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 53 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    First, I'm just a user who's trying to help. I'm not a developer or SmiteWorks Employee. So "I" can't do much of any of that, can only help you trouble shoot and try things that have worked for others.

I know there were several updated with the networking with last being Sept 3rd. I'm assuming everyone is on that and a visual check of the date code has been performed and not just an assumption that if the update button isn't red then it's updated? And that everyone is on FGU and not a mix of FGU and FGC?

There are a couple of different server urls that get contacted, but I can not remember them all. One is; patch.fantasygrounds.com

And you checked all security software? And that computers on the GMs internal network are using the internal IP address and not the cloud system?

In the program Settings (from launch screen) there is the option to use "PREV" channel which will use a previous build of FGU. But everyone has to do this, and all the campaign data has to be copied to the new location (data is intentionally segregated to prevent corruption).

I know you've probably already gone through and posted lots of that info. But I don't have time right now to dig in further. You can always reach out to support directly at [email protected]
    not sure how to use the prev option- date of the build is also not clear- can I choose between older builds?

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    What VPN Software do you use? It is free?
    I use Nord VPN, and it is subscription based.

Hopefully FGU can rectify what's happening. I don't think one must needs be a tech-guru in order to play a virtual table top game, especially if we have paid for the service. However, as it is still in Beta, those bugs will continue to be worked out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    not sure how to use the prev option- date of the build is also not clear- can I choose between older builds?
    First, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Backup all your data first in case you have to re-install.

Second, from the FG launch screen chose Settings > Advanced > Build Channel
    Screen Shot 09-10-20 at 09.46 AM.PNG

No you can not chose what build you go back to. It will be whatever build the devs want in that channel. Normally it is one update prior, but I do remember a mention once that in a given case it was the same as Live because they rolled back the Live channel.

NOTE, this does not mean it is the build you had previously on YOUR computer. It means it is a prior build that the devs have staged on the update server!

Note that my understanding is that all data is stored separately in the different channels. So you will have to copy your campaign to a new data folder/sub-folder. No, I do not know the path to it. AND when you go back to the Live channel, you will have to copy your campaign data back to the correct place.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have two players that cant log into my unity server. Everyone else is fine. We have run updates and uncheck extensions. These players are in India and Hong Kong. No problems with them connecting to my classic server. Any suggestions on trouble shooting this? They get stuck on: "attempting to resolve connection"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Kneecap View Post
    I have two players that cant log into my unity server. Everyone else is fine. We have run updates and uncheck extensions. These players are in India and Hong Kong. No problems with them connecting to my classic server. Any suggestions on trouble shooting this? They get stuck on: "attempting to resolve connection"
    Please have them collect their logs (instructions in OP) and post on here with this info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi I just got FGU ultimate on Steam yesterday. Two of my players who have the demo version of FGU can't login to my cloud game. We tried LAN as well since we were using zerotier as our virtual LAN for our FG Classic game but no success on LAN FG unity. We all have the same version v4.0 (2020-09-03) difference is i have the "ultimate" and they have "free". They all get the same message takes time in "attempting to resolve connection" and then gives them this message after "Shutting down because of a fatal error: Failed to connect to relay server".
    Attached Files Attached Files

@Rusty Kneecap,
    There was a specific issue with the East Asian servers provided by the network facilitation service we contract with earlier on the weekend that was fixed on Sunday morning (US Pacific time). We had a few reports of people having problems connecting in that part of the world; and it's working again for those that responded back.

@Blinz289,
    This may be related to the same issue that I responded to Rusty Kneecap for. It looks like it may have been the same issue from the logs. Can you try the connection again?

@EveryoneElse,
    Thanks for all the logs. We are tracking a couple issues on the networking that we haven't been able to get resolution for yet. We have received a new version of network facilitation library a couple times that we tried to include in new builds, but had to roll back due to compatibility issues with certain network types. We've just recently gotten more access to the client side code from the network facilitation service we use, so we can dgi in more deeply. We also have a new developer (smelton) that has joined our team a couple weeks ago that is helping dig into the code and the issues. This is still a work in progress.

Thanks,
    JPG

I could not see this issue has been reported.

My group of six upgraded to FGU recently. Got Lan working as we want after shakey start. 2 or 3 player drop in to try out the new features in different trial sessions. So far so good.

When we all get together at the weekend, it is ine early doors when we have 2 or 3 messing in a map, but when the player count increases we run into the bugs previously reported in term of character artifacts, player not being able to control their players etc. This seems worse when the fog of war is enabled but still persists without. We've fallen back to FGC for now but next session will try again and send logs. Hope this information helps

Unhandled error: Wrong credentials: the realm value is incorrect

I seem to be having a similar issue to one of the recent posters. Credentials bug. Here are my logs. Any update on this one?
    Attached Files Attached Files

@J2Ninja,
    The LAN server mode requires the GM to set up their own connections and port forwarding. That's why we offer the Cloud server mode in FGU; and what this thread is primarily to address.
    Any other issues should be posted in a new thread. Re-sharing of images will cause duplicates right now; and will be fixed in next release build. (Close and re-open image window as workaround.)

@Ganiden,
    Thanks for your logs. This is one of the primary networking issues we're currently working on. We will soon have a new release build that we think will help with this issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information