Starfinder Playlist
Page 15 of 53 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last

Advanced Security

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Do they provide an "Advanced Security" or other web-based security portal for your account? A lot of the US ISPs do, but some of them call it by different names. More info here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    After following the instructions, I did not see any unauthorized threats on the device I use. I did verify both LAN and Firewall that FGU port 1802 is allowed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

KuriiClaw, FGU requires UDP port 1802, not TCP.

edit: The FGU wiki for LAN connections STILL points to the FGC wiki on port forwarding. This is going to continue to be a point of confusion until that is fixed.
    Last edited by Neovirtus; September 8th, 2020 at 00:34.

I get infinite hangs at
    "starting cloud server mode"

as GM,

router port forwarding is set to 1802 UDP before anyone asks ;-)

it seems that the cloud server is blocking my ip

I can host it locally, but I'm 95% sure this functionality will be removed in the future
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; September 9th, 2020 at 17:16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    I get infinite hangs at Starting cloud server mode as GM, router port forwarding is set to 1802 UDP

it seems that whatever host of the cloud server thing is blocking my ip

I can host it locally, but I'm sure this functionality will be removed in the future
    Cloud brokered connections do not use port 1802. They use a unique number assigned by the cloud server.

Please see the OP as to how to collect and post the log files.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Others have reported a similar issue when the player was using Windows 7. What o/s is your player using? (Note, Win 7 is not supported)
    Can you please respond, if there is another solution or what is your plan? Your last update is blowing up our whole Fantasyweekend- our GM has even configurated a new laptop with windows 10 using lots of his precious hours instead of preparing his game and inspite of this he gets "the credential bug" as soon as he is connecting to the public serve for a time- sometimes it takes longer, sometimes the connection is cut immediatly... is there a special connection to a licenceserver needed or what kind of bug is that? Cnan´t you provide an older version from FGU for us to donwload and roll back a few weeks? Did you find anything in the logs?

On his new laptop after he put in the license number there is happening nothing
    DSC_0063.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Can you please respond, if there is another solution or what is your plan? Your last update is blowing up our whole Fantasyweekend- our GM has even configurated a new laptop with windows 10 using lots of his precious hours instead of preparing his game and inspite of this he gets "the credential bug" as soon as he is connecting to the public serve for a time- sometimes it takes longer, sometimes the connection is cut immediatly... is there a special connection to a licenceserver needed or what kind of bug is that? Cnan´t you provide an older version from FGU for us to donwload and roll back a few weeks? Did you find anything in the logs?
    First, I'm just a user who's trying to help. I'm not a developer or SmiteWorks Employee. So "I" can't do much of any of that, can only help you trouble shoot and try things that have worked for others.

I know there were several updated with the networking with last being Sept 3rd. I'm assuming everyone is on that and a visual check of the date code has been performed and not just an assumption that if the update button isn't red then it's updated? And that everyone is on FGU and not a mix of FGU and FGC?

There are a couple of different server urls that get contacted, but I can not remember them all. One is; patch.fantasygrounds.com

And you checked all security software? And that computers on the GMs internal network are using the internal IP address and not the cloud system?

In the program Settings (from launch screen) there is the option to use "PREV" channel which will use a previous build of FGU. But everyone has to do this, and all the campaign data has to be copied to the new location (data is intentionally segregated to prevent corruption).

I know you've probably already gone through and posted lots of that info. But I don't have time right now to dig in further. You can always reach out to support directly at [email protected]

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

For what it's worth, I used a VPN and played with two players for well over an hour tonight and there were no connection issues. Players didn't experience any connection issues.

Not sure what the VPN does that corrected the situation for me versus when I initially hosted a game without using VPN and didn't receive the connection error.

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Moto View Post
    For what it's worth, I used a VPN and played with two players for well over an hour tonight and there were no connection issues. Players didn't experience any connection issues.

Not sure what the VPN does that corrected the situation for me versus when I initially hosted a game without using VPN and didn't receive the connection error.
    What VPN Software do you use? It is free?

Thread Information