DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 53 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Can you have your player type "cmd" in the Windows search bar, press Enter, then in the command prompt, run this command "ping us-east.connect.noblewhale.com"?

It looks like something is blocking the ability of their machine to get to that server (owned by the network facilitation service we use); or to *.noblewhale.com in general.

Regards,
    JPG

I have been having a ton of connection issues with my players since the last update. We can't seem to get a session going. I was on with one player for over 2 hours, but it never lasts more than a couple minutes without crashing when we have more people. Here are a couple of the logs.

UPDATE: It appears to just be a problem with one my players who causes it to crash whenever he connects, but it never gets to the point where he can grab logs...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kushal3553; September 28th, 2020 at 01:56.

I've forwarded on to Steven to take a look to see if he can see anything.

From my experience, the NetworkReset usually indicates that a connection was dropped or blocked. So, perhaps something might be forcing the connection closed between you guys, such as firewall or router settings. We'll see if Steven has any other ideas from the logs; or has some questions that could help get more info.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunB View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to set up a new campaign, and one of my players is unable to connect. They get stuck on the fantasy grounds loading screen. I have another player who has connected, so it seems specific to him. Some support would be appreciated.
    It looks like from the player logs they might have had some internet connectivity problems ... according to the logs they first lost connection to the relay server, and when it tried to reconnect, it was unable to resolve DNS. But I don't think that is why they got stuck on the loading screen. There is an error message in the player's log file indicating the LUA DLL is missing. I would suggest adding exceptions in the anti-virus software for the FGU installation directory, making sure the user has write permissions on that directory and reinstalling FGU. Once that has been done, setup another game and have them try to reconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by kushal3553 View Post
    I have been having a ton of connection issues with my players since the last update. We can't seem to get a session going. I was on with one player for over 2 hours, but it never lasts more than a couple minutes without crashing when we have more people. Here are a couple of the logs.

UPDATE: It appears to just be a problem with one my players who causes it to crash whenever he connects, but it never gets to the point where he can grab logs...
    If you could get us the player's logs it would be helpful. Have them try to reconnect and after it fails, restart FGU then click the button in the upper left corner (the one with the four horizontal lines). Once the console opens click the compile logs button and send us the zip file. It will include the logs for the previous session.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    If you could get us the player's logs it would be helpful. Have them try to reconnect and after it fails, restart FGU then click the button in the upper left corner (the one with the four horizontal lines). Once the console opens click the compile logs button and send us the zip file. It will include the logs for the previous session.

Update: The player is still unable to connect to my game, my other 5 players still have no issues connecting to my game. The player in question was able to connect to other random peoples games, just not mine... Below are logs from both our attempts today.

Back again, for my weekly 3+ hour struggle trying to get logged into this crappy piece of software. As usual, I'm getting the "Attempting resolved connection to server" message forever. I tried looking for a fix last week, and the week before, and there has been no improvement of any kind. Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone? Why do people find this enjoyable?

Quote Originally Posted by BalthazzarBraxis View Post
    Back again, for my weekly 3+ hour struggle trying to get logged into this crappy piece of software. As usual, I'm getting the "Attempting resolved connection to server" message forever. I tried looking for a fix last week, and the week before, and there has been no improvement of any kind. Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone? Why do people find this enjoyable?
    Please attach your log files and I'll take a look. To get those click the button (with the four horizontal lines) in the upper left corner and then click compile logs. That will drop a zip file on your desktop. Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BalthazzarBraxis View Post
    Hope this helps.
    Would you be able to jump on Discord (DM me at smelton#0068) to do some troubleshooting in real-time? If not, can you check to see if you have an external IPv4 address (it should be listed at the bottom of the Join Campaign screen)?

Thread Information