5E Character Create Playlist
Page 31 of 53 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    I get that the system needs everyone to be working from the same data. Right now any loss of sync up causes a long delay while the dc'ed player rejoins and resets their tabletop. I'm suggesting it might be better if there could just be some indication that a client is lagging, to have a chance to wait for that client to catch up; instead of booting the player completely. If their screen could "pause" before they get fully dc'ed, with an option to wait it out or just restart if it's taking too long. I think people are used to the occasional "Buffering, please wait..." kind of message.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePsion View Post
    I get that the system needs everyone to be working from the same data. Right now any loss of sync up causes a long delay while the dc'ed player rejoins and resets their tabletop. I'm suggesting it might be better if there could just be some indication that a client is lagging, to have a chance to wait for that client to catch up; instead of booting the player completely. If their screen could "pause" before they get fully dc'ed, with an option to wait it out or just restart if it's taking too long. I think people are used to the occasional "Buffering, please wait..." kind of message.
    To do this would be a massive amount of work to develop. It's not like having to buffer the next 10 seconds of a stream, the system needs to work out exactly *what* data was missed - and to do that and fully sync up again would be a massive amount of development work to 100% do it right, and because it would have to download a lot more data, there's have to be gaps in the combat tracker, data changes, etc.. Best all round that once the player has definitely disconnected (after the initial timeout and short term reconnection attempts), they completely reset their system and rejoin. I know it's an overhead on the game, but it's the best way to make sure they have the correct data and that FG is in a proper state to continue gaming.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I haven't had a connection issue in quite some time but I received an error on Sunday from a player loosing connection I believe. When it happened the player was unable to target enemies on the map, see map changes, etc... Anyway logs are attached if that helps. Both player and GM were using the latest version of FGU.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The GM logs show some lobby server disconnections.. this might indicate brief/intermittent Internet connectivity issues on the GM side. However, the player logs were not bundled using the Compile Logs button so they aren't of much help in confirming that. If this happens again, please ask the player to click the button in the upper left corner (the one with the four lines) on the launcher screen and then click compile logs.

so me and my friend cant connect to each other with fantasy ground unity but we can with orginal fantasy grounds using same port.

Quote Originally Posted by midn8t View Post
    so me and my friend cant connect to each other with fantasy ground unity but we can with orginal fantasy grounds using same port.
    It is probably better to use the Cloud connection broker for FGU. It seems to work quite well.

However, if you want to Port Forward for FGU, you need to setup a rule that forwards UDP instead of TCP.

FGC uses TCP. FGU uses UDP. Port 1802 in both cases.

So unless your port forwarding rule does both, it will only work for one or the other. You would either have to modify the existing rule to include both TCP and UDP, or setup a secondary rule for TCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    It is probably better to use the Cloud connection broker for FGU. It seems to work quite well.

However, if you want to Port Forward for FGU, you need to setup a rule that forwards UDP instead of TCP.

FGC uses TCP. FGU uses UDP. Port 1802 in both cases.

So unless your port forwarding rule does both, it will only work for one or the other. You would either have to modify the existing rule to include both TCP and UDP, or setup a secondary rule for TCP.

yah udp and tcp is setup to port forward already so that is not issue it seems I conacted support they said there working on issue still...

Server not appearing in Cloud Game list.

Summary: My Cloud Game campaign will not appear in the list. My players can not find my server. I have also tried to connect with a GM Name and and IP address. None work.

Ruleset(s): 5E

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: FGC Migrated Campaign

Extensions/Themes: No extenstions or additional themes

Modules Loaded: 5e Core Rules

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10 Pro / English (US) / Region set to US as well

Steps to Reproduce:
    1.) I have verified latest version.
    2.) I have restarted the computer as well as uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled FGU and still my game does not appear after the campaign has been loaded up.

Attached are the logs from both times the game was installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by feagansa View Post

Summary: My Cloud Game campaign will not appear in the list. My players can not find my server. I have also tried to connect with a GM Name and and IP address. None work.

Ruleset(s): 5E

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: FGC Migrated Campaign

Extensions/Themes: No extenstions or additional themes

Modules Loaded: 5e Core Rules

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10 Pro / English (US) / Region set to US as well

Steps to Reproduce:
    1.) I have verified latest version.
    2.) I have restarted the computer as well as uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled FGU and still my game does not appear after the campaign has been loaded up.

Attached are the logs from both times the game was installed.
    You should have your players search for your forum name, not the GM name (because they may not be unique, forum names are unique).

Is this your game?

Thread Information