FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 32 of 53 First ... 22303132333442 ... Last
    We played again on Jan 23 after the latest update. I experienced multiple disconnects again!
    Note that this time, I was kicked out of the session, back to the main start screen (whereas before, I would just lose connectivity in the game and have to manually restart)
    I will email player and DM log files TO Support referencing connection Thread #311. (Also refer to Threads #247 and #291 for previous discussions)
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Thanks for sending those in. I've forwarded to @smelton to see if there is any information in the logs that might help identify.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi!

I've been experiencing problems with 2 players for weeks now (cannot start this campaign as they cannot connect). We've tried even with hamachi and other solutions but no luck at all.

Here are our logs (from only one of the players and mines) attached.

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please use the Compile Logs button to bundle all the log files. You can find it on the console window when in the virtual tabletop, or by clicking the button on the upper left corner of the launcher screen.

Hello everyone,

I have a connection issue with the Lobby server/cloud connection and FGU (Ultimate license).

My GM client is behind a firewall (Sophos UTM). This firewall also blocks outgoing traffic, unless allowed. Only, if I allow all UDP ports from my GM client inside the protected network to pass through the firewall, I connect to the Lobby/cloud. If I use the standard policy (i.e. blocking traffic), no connection is possible. After some network sniffing, I found that radom ports and specific ports are needed to communicate with the Lobby server. Concerning the radom ports, this is not an option. So, is there any option to specify the outgoing UDP port in order to define a specific firewall rule?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Wombel

Console Log:
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] FGU: v4.0.10 ULTIMATE (2021-02-04)
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series : 3051
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] UI SCALE: 1.5
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] USER: wombel2810
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [2/15/2021 10:46:11 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [wombel2810]
    [2/15/2021 10:46:21 PM] Unable to check lobby server.

Network Log:
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] FGU: v4.0.10 ULTIMATE (2021-02-04)
    [2/15/2021 10:14:13 PM] USER: wombel2810
    Last edited by Wombel2810; February 15th, 2021 at 21:48.

I'll ask our developer who has been working with the network library we use. However, I doubt we have that much control over the ports, since we use a service to provide the cloud connection brokering, and those are assigned randomly on the cloud service.

Most likely, you will have to look at either using a VPN, or using the LAN option and handle all your own port forwarding from the Internet through to your machine.

Regards,
    JPG

This is correct. The cloud service (lobby and game connections) uses multiple random ports for various reasons. If you must open ports for outbound communication, you would have to open UDP 1802 for inbound and outbound and use the LAN option. Alternatively, you could try using a VPN.

We saw several disconnect over the last few weeks of using the cloud connection. I will go back to using direct NAT connections next time to see if it improves things.

Did you grab the logs on both the GM and player side when the disconnect occurred?

Regards,
    JPG

Nope, we were too busy playing in the small time-window we have per week. Additionally one of my players keeps getting thrown out (crashes) often due to memory constrains (2 gb PC), so it's not always clear which is which. Other players who disconnect sporadically don't suffer from memory bottlenecks, though.

I thought that the cloud service would negotiate direct connections between GM and players, but never cared to check myself yet. Next time we use direct connections again to see if we keep encountering connection and black image issues.

Thread Information