STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    For community rulesets and extensions, availability to FGU is largely dependent on the community developer that is working on the project. Many have worked on their products and got them working with FGU, but some have not. So you would have to take stock on the extensions and rulesets that you use and see if the developer is working on compatibility with FGU. Most of the issues tend to be related to fonts, but I would still check in with the developers of what you use and see their status.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by mpp7mato View Post
    Hi all,
    In the same situation here. Just moved and the only internet option available to me was a "mobile internet" solution that uses an LTE router. I can use the 4G+ service and am very happy with speeds I am getting.

The annoying thing though is that I cannot seem to be able to use my FGC Ultimate despite forwarding ports on the router and following all the steps outlined on Portforward and those found on the forums here. I'm guessing this is because of the nature of mobile internet?

I've read the alternative options such as Hamachi, but want to make getting connected to my games as effortless for my players as possible so was also considering upgrading to FGU. I wanted to ask though, are community rulesets and modules made in FGC compatible?
    I had no issues with FGU while using 4G or 5G connection and my players joined with no problems.

If you are upgrading, it may be worth making a back up of your FGC game data folder as both versions seemed to default to the same folder. When I installed FGU it appeared to take all my custom modules out and I was only left with purchased modules that it downloaded again. If you can specify a custom folder during installation it may be worth making one to avoid any issues going back and forth between the versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzin View Post
    If you are upgrading, it may be worth making a back up of your FGC game data folder as both versions seemed to default to the same folder.
    FGU should *not* default to the same data directory as FGC - the default path is slightly different SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds (FGU) vs. just Fantasy Grounds for FGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzin View Post
    When I installed FGU it appeared to take all my custom modules out and I was only left with purchased modules that it downloaded again.
    This is because it was indeed using another folder, and your custom modules would have still been in the FGC data directory.

You can verify exactly which data directory each version is using on your installation clicking the folder icon at the top of the FG startups screen for both versions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the replies all. So I took the plunge purchasing a FGU Ultimate license, and have been trying to host via the cloud option. Although I've seen some success, I've experienced many instances of the program just hanging on "starting cloud server". There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern either. Hopefully this issue gets sorted as it wasn't the cheapest of purchases! On another note though, I am pleased to see that Hamachi seems to have done the trick for me - allowing me to host as a LAN and provide the Hamachi IP to a player today with multiple successful log-ins through FGU. Hopefully the same can be said for FGC as I have been working with the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition ruleset for quite some time now and unfortunately it isn't compatible with Unity.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies all. So I took the plunge purchasing a FGU Ultimate license, and have been trying to host via the cloud option. Although I've seen some success, I've experienced many instances of the program just hanging on "starting cloud server". There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern either. Hopefully this issue gets sorted as it wasn't the cheapest of purchases! On another note though, I am pleased to see that Hamachi seems to have done the trick for me - allowing me to host as a LAN and provide the Hamachi IP to a player today with multiple successful log-ins through FGU. Hopefully the same can be said for FGC as I have been working with the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition ruleset for quite some time now and unfortunately it isn't compatible with Unity.
    See this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nection-Issues

If it doesn't get solved with info there, please post in that thread the info requested in the OP.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

My server never had any issues starting while on mobile data so I can't offer much help. Just for reference, I never had any port forwarding or VPN configured for FGU. It just worked as long as I had an internet connection on the computer.

Thanks for the link to the other thread - I'll be sure to share logs if needed to try narrow down the issue. It seems to occur most when attempting to host multiple sessions in relatively quick succession (troubleshooting my end at the moment).

I also haven't set up any port forwarding on my router as I was hoping the cloud hosting option would circumvent the need to do so given I have a mobile internet connection now. As I mentioned before though, Hamachi has worked a charm thus far and is a viable option worse ways when needing to host directly.

Thanks again for all the responses

Thread Information