FG Spreadshirt Swag

transfering FGU to a second PC

I am trying to transfer my FGU account onto my new desktop. I have been running the game without issue on a laptop for a few months but I just got a new desktop. I have loaded the game onto my new PC and transferred the campaign information without issue. I am currently running using the Unity cloud and not from a private server Furthermore; I could log in as a player in a second instance of FG on the same computer. However last night, only two out of four players were able to log in last night. We encountered a similar error today

I went back and ran the game on my laptop and my friend successfully logged in. Can I not have the program installed in two locations? And If I can’t how can I release it from thinking it is on my laptop (surely it is not as trivial as deleting it because how would FGU know where I have it installed). If I have a corrupted installation on my desktop, why can other users log in?

By the way I am trying to run this on a windows 10 laptop Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

My friend who’s computer is unable to load it has a Mac Pro, 64 GB RAM, running Mojave 10.14.6 and my other friend uses a 2017 macbook pro; if that helps

I would be happy to provide other info if you need it

Blog Entries
    First, to clarify,
    I am currently running using the Unity cloud and not from a private server
    Is not true. When you select a "Cloud" connection for your FGU campaign, you are using a cloud server to broker (negotiate) a connection to your computer which is acting as a private server and is hosting your game.

There are some network.log files on your and your players computers, please provide those. As well, who is your ISP?

Second, check your security on your new computer, check firewalls, anti-virus, etc.

Did you set up any type of port forwarding or DMZ etc on your router?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

hi

I am using FGU so isn't port forwarding unnecessary? It seems to work fine on my old computer and I am using the same router for both, so since it works fine one one computer won't it work on the other? Although my iSP is via Comcast which I have read is troublesome. But again why would it block one computer over another. And furthermore, why could one person log onto the cloud broker but not the other?

the odd thing is that some of my players log on with no difficulty and others can only log onto my old computer, Both computers are 64 bit and are running windows 10.

I attached my log files below. Thanks for your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also looked at my xfinity xfi as the thread suggest and it says that I have had no port blocks in the last 30 days

I found a solution. I just changed the name of the campaign apparently the old files in my players directory were linked to my old computer

Blog Entries
    Good job. Interesting, never would of thought of that.

Happy gaming!

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Good job. Interesting, never would of thought of that.

Happy gaming!
    I cant take full credit someone on discord suggested I start a brand new game and see if they could join and they could

I still don't quite understand where these files exist on my friends computer that link the game to my laptop but problem solved I guess.

Blog Entries
    In the player cache. Inside the FG Data folder for each client is a folder called 'cache'. Inside that folder is another set of folders, one for each campaign that player has joined. They could delete that folder for your campaign.

Thread Information