STAR TREK 2d20

Request: Change left-mouse windows movement behavior

Hello.

Is it possible to program an extension that changes the left-mouse button movement behavior of windows? I keep unintentionally moving windows, especially with maps, because of how FG registers a left-mouse button on "empty" content space as window movement. It drives me nuts at times.

Thanks in advance.

This has annoyed me since the first time I started using FG. I have never 'gotten used to it'. Moving windows is the reason the bar along the top exists.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

I'm not aware of an extension that allows for changing the behaviour. I believe the functionality is built into the base window instance.

Personally, I like it. It's very useful with large maps when you can move them around the the top window toolbar disappears off the screen. Especially handy when displaying maps on big screen TVs. But I appreciate others may not like it, we all have different preferences and needs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's very useful with large maps when you can move them around the the top window toolbar disappears off the screen. Especially handy when displaying maps on big screen TVs.
    Oh, I like the ability as well. But not as the default. Left-click should only move a window on the toolbar. A right-click option to 'Move Window' in the window area would work well for this.

Or we need a way to lock windows to keep them from moving.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Modifier+click would be far less prone to accidental moving of windows. Like CTRL+click = resize, ALT+click = move.

I'm with the poster on this. In Windows, OSX and Linux, you move a window by left clicking and dragging the window title bar - so there is no need for the current-left-click-anywhere-in-the-window-to-move-it functionality.

Moreover, removing this non-intuitive functionality would mean that the left mouse button can be used to drag the contents of the window around without having to use the CTRL modifier (which again is unintuitive).

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Hello.

Is it possible to program an extension that changes the left-mouse button movement behavior of windows? I keep unintentionally moving windows, especially with maps, because of how FG registers a left-mouse button on "empty" content space as window movement. It drives me nuts at times.

Thanks in advance.
    Indeed, it would be nice if it behaved like most OS's. You can't move a window unless you grab the header. They'll have to make sure you can't move the header off the view space if they do that tho...
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information