DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Massive De-Sync Issues since last Update

Hello everyone,
    the last Update did indeed improve loading of lists a lot - it's nearly instant, but the side effect on our session yesterday was that players regularily de-synced. They rolled the dice, but noone could see them, they moved their character, but only they could see them moving. We never had this before the patch. All players were affected, just at different times. Sometimes several at once, sometimes only one. Relogging fixed it, for some minutes, then it started again at some person.

It was nearly unplayable. Is that a known issue?

Have you disabled any extensions? And are all the players updated to the same version?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

We don't use any extensions and all players used the updated version. Vanilla 5E with Tomb of Annihilation.

That sounds like a connection issue. We've heard anecdotally that some extensions, and some modules have caused network traffic overload.

* Do you have any modules open other than Tomb of Annihilation on the GM side?
    * Can you check to see if you have any flood protection or QoS settings on your router or on your security software? (Just a guess that maybe something is cutting off connection outside FG)

Regards,
    JPG

Hello,
    * Do you have any modules open other than Tomb of Annihilation on the GM side?
    Yes, all i bought but any adventures. This hasn't been an issue in the past 8 month neither with FGC or FGU, though.
    //EDIT: See attachment.

* Can you check to see if you have any flood protection or QoS settings on your router or on your security software? (Just a guess that maybe something is cutting off connection outside FG)
    I'm not using any security software besides Windows Defender. My Router has no such settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (275.3 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (192.0 KB, 18 views)
    Last edited by D3nnis3n; July 13th, 2020 at 21:41.

There have been some people that have reported issues when loading large amounts of content; so I would suggest turning off any content you are not immediately using for your game. (i.e. preferably anything but the adventure module)

We just pushed a new build today with some adjustments to the networking engine to mostly help with stalls; but I would like to get the logs for immediately when this happens for both the GM and player. Also, I would like to get a copy of your campaign folder. This post has more detail on what I need.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?59982

Regards,
    JPG

Hello Moon,
    i sent you the Campaign folder via e-mail.

Does FG create logs automatically, e.g. is there some logs folder that has the logs from Sunday?
    If not, you might want to introduce that.

There have been some people that have reported issues when loading large amounts of content; so I would suggest turning off any content you are not immediately using for your game. (i.e. preferably anything but the adventure module)
    Nearly all of these books include content used by chars and if i unload those, i can no longer click on the info buttons for features / abilities / etc, which is the reason i keep them active. For sure there is a few i can unload, but rulebooks and the modules that are being used by characters are important to us,
    as i'm still quite new and have to read up stuff every now and then.
    Last edited by D3nnis3n; July 15th, 2020 at 07:41.

Quote Originally Posted by D3nnis3n View Post
    i can no longer click on the info buttons for features / abilities / etc,
    Are you referring to the links already applied to a PC sheet? If so, these are copies of the data from the module, so can be opened without the original module being open as the data has been copied to the PC sheet itself. There are some links - race, background and class, for example, that are actual links to the original module, but the rest should be local data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are you referring to the links already applied to a PC sheet? If so, these are copies of the data from the module, so can be opened without the original module being open as the data has been copied to the PC sheet itself. There are some links - race, background and class, for example, that are actual links to the original module, but the rest should be local data.
    Yep, i'm seeing that with pretty much everything, though. Which is also why i myself have both GM and Players books loaded, as it often tells me that its not available, as its part of "XYZ Players" module.

Quote Originally Posted by D3nnis3n View Post
    Yep, i'm seeing that with pretty much everything, though.
    Links on a character sheet or somewhere else? Can you give some examples (with screenshots if possible)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information