5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thank you for the campaign files. I took a detailed look at the campaign; and I'm not seeing anything that really stands out as an issue. (No extensions loaded, no abnormally large data files/records, no extremely large image files, ...)

So, I'm not sure why you would be having any sort of mid-session disconnect issues. If it happens again, can you immediately grab the full logs for both GM and disconnected player? (Type /console in chat entry; then click Compile Logs) I'm hoping the logs will point out something happening. Otherwise, I'll need to see if I can connect to you and recreate; or figure out how to turn on enough logging to capture without slowing down everything else too much.

With the recent network library update on 7/14, I'm hoping that helps as well; but it was mainly to address the connection stall (and a few other connection-type issues). This may be related, but hard to tell without logs.

Regards,
    JPG

I got logs for todays session, player Mikrena got desycned pretty much every 15 minutes. (Roughly, not regularily timed)
    GM1 Time = Player1 Time (If it worked correctly)
    Didn't get a log for Player 4 myself.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by D3nnis3n; July 23rd, 2020 at 23:30.

The others.
    Attached Files Attached Files

* What happened when Mikrena lost connection? (Just stopped updating but otherwise didn't report connection loss? Reported lost connection and returned to launch screen (with some Lua errors)?

* Where are you located physically (city/country)? Where is Mikrena located physically (city/country)?

Thanks,
    JPG

Hello Moon Wizard,
    * What happened when Mikrena lost connection? (Just stopped updating but otherwise didn't report connection loss? Reported lost connection and returned to launch screen (with some Lua errors)?
    Nothing. We just notice it when he asks if someone else moved or i notice it when i want him to roll a dice or move his character, but nothing happens despite he says he is doing it. No errors, no opened console, no lua errors, no return to launch screen. Hence i call it "desync".
    He needs to leave the game, i need to kick him from the game (as he is not leaved for me), then he can reconnect and it works for another twenty minutes at best.

* Where are you located physically (city/country)? Where is Mikrena located physically (city/country)?
    Me: Near Augsburg, Germany
    Him: Near Stuttgart, Germany

(~ 165 kilometres)

Thank you for the additional information confirming what I thought you meant by de-sync; as well as the location information.

Regards,
    JPG

You're welcome. Tomorrow is another session, i hope this issue can be resolved soon. It's not very fun for the affected player(s).

Anything new about this? Issue persisted for the player two weeks ago and tomorrow is our next session.

Partially. The network cloud library developer updated the servers to prevent some people hammering the servers with invalid requests that should help some; and he has another update coming soon (supposed to be this week) that will set up the servers to automatically attempt relay reconnect if relay connection lost (which is the end result of the issues mostly seen to date). I may need a new client library once he has that in place, but I won't know for sure until he gets it released.

We also had a new developer join us this week to pick up the Linux, installer, and updater pieces who has some good networking experience. After he gets those caught up, if we're still having issues, we'll probably look at writing our own network facilitation system.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information