STAR TREK 2d20

How Do I Create A Module Converting An Existing Module to SWADE?

Good Afternoon, All:

Although I am asking this question specifically for East Texas University, I'm sure there are other modules that were originally developed for SWD or SWE that need minor conversion efforts to SWADE. In the case of ETU, there's an actual PDF conversion document for free on the Pinnacle website for the product. I'd like to create my own module that incorporates those conversion notes, so I don't have to convert on the fly. While I know I could simply retype everything and slowly build my own module up over time, does anyone know of any shortcuts that could help in this process?

How would you create a SWADE version of a preexisting module, if you wanted to do so?

With Regards,
    Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Good Afternoon, All:

Although I am asking this question specifically for East Texas University, I'm sure there are other modules that were originally developed for SWD or SWE that need minor conversion efforts to SWADE. In the case of ETU, there's an actual PDF conversion document for free on the Pinnacle website for the product. I'd like to create my own module that incorporates those conversion notes, so I don't have to convert on the fly. While I know I could simply retype everything and slowly build my own module up over time, does anyone know of any shortcuts that could help in this process?

How would you create a SWADE version of a preexisting module, if you wanted to do so?

With Regards,
    Flynn
    I retyped the whole thing, for Titan Effect and 50 Fathoms, the only way to not convert on the fly, is to convert EVERYTHING that needs to be converted.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

NPC Maker 1.7, but that would probably be about it. Depending on how much needs to be changed (not much of a horror fan), if the module isn't in the vault and locked, you could crack open and update, but I would warn you that if you do so.

1. Keep a copy of the original files
    2. Rename your new module's names: File name, Module name
    3. Mark it as SWADE
    4. EXAMINE XML structure and tag methodolgy before making changes.
    5. Do any work inside FG in another campaign then export to a module.

If you don't/aren't I would suggest making sure comfortable with XML, have a good XML editor. Accidently changing a name, and depending on how it was setup, you could break LINKS by changing names.
    Last edited by Mgrancey; July 13th, 2020 at 02:27.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information