FG Spreadshirt Swag

A few questions about the Starship Combat System

Howdy all,

I tried running a starship combat in my last session, and had a couple of questions.
    1. For the NPC ships, is there a way to roll initiative for them and have it auto-populate on the Starship Combat Tracker or do I have to manually add it?
    2. Do effects work on the Starship Combat Tracker? I tried adding an effect AC: 2 for the PC's ship due to the Evade maneuver, but it did not seem to do anything.

Thanks!

Scott

1) NPC ship initiative can be rolled by double clicking on the Init box to help re-roll initiatives between rounds. NPC ship initiative is not set up to auto roll

2) Effects do not work for ships currently as they are not tied into the Effects Manager. This will need to be added in and expanded upon.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Thanks for the quick reply! Double-clicking on the init box is easy enough, the effects I will just have to do manually.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    1) NPC ship initiative can be rolled by double clicking on the Init box to help re-roll initiatives between rounds. NPC ship initiative is not set up to auto roll

2) Effects do not work for ships currently as they are not tied into the Effects Manager. This will need to be added in and expanded upon.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but double clicking the init box doesn't take the pilots ranks into account for NPC's correct? Best example I have is in Dead Suns, using the Stiletto to do the check by double clicking it adds +8, but the piloting skill for Clara is +14 (13 plus 1 for the ship's +1 piloting)?

It should as the code checks the crew. However it's currently setup to only look for Pilot or pilot for the bonus. So if the crew label isn't Pilot or pilot, it won't add it. This was decided as most NPC ship crews follow a certain setup. Captain, Pilot, and so forth.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It should as the code checks the crew. However it's currently setup to only look for Pilot or pilot for the bonus. So if the crew label isn't Pilot or pilot, it won't add it. This was decided as most NPC ship crews follow a certain setup. Captain, Pilot, and so forth.
    Ah that makes sense and there isn't a way to assign roles to NPC for ships correct? Like changing Clara to pilot in this case?

For a work around, I would make a copy of it and change the name of the crew slot to Pilot for now. That way it can help with the initiative rolls. It's currently the solution I have to something can be expanded upon for named NPCs.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information