5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

MoreCore/CoreRPG - filling in list_text boxes programmatically

Again, just started with non-custom-created character sheets Is there any examples of code to programmatically populate a blank MoreCore (or CoreRPG) character sheet?

I was thinking on hitting "new character" it take the default sheet and find IDs then add the entries that would normally be done by the UI. For example, the OSE Essentials set up a bunch of entries and formula for them. Then it created a pregen from this so a new character grabs the pregen and edits.

I was thinking instead to let "new character" open a default on and as part of the new character action, populate them without needing someone to add them themselves. I am not sure I have a specific case for needing this and I can see where doing pregens is better (like having diff ones rearranged with what's important to a specific class on front etc. But, I like to keep options open and thoughts as well.

There's nothing specific in CoreRPG like this; but I would do it by checking to see if a field entry exists when opening a character sheet and add it if it doesn't using DB functions.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Have a look at the Trail of Cthulhu extension or the Legend of the Five Rings extension or the Low Fantasy Gaming extension. All of those populate a certain amount of data into the Character Sheet.

Of all of those Low Fantasy Gaming also does more with Leveling up in that it adds additional data on drag and drop levels. However the inbuilt MoreCore Race and Class features can be configured within the GUI to provide enough info to make the extra programming effort less worthwhile.

Alternatively create a pregen and then drag and drop it 5 times to create more copies.

Thread Information