DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding .MOD files to Mac

Hi Team!

I think a few other users have had this problem, see for example this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-Mac-users

And this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-folder-on-mac

But I have actually followed the steps in each of those and am STILL having trouble!

Specifically, I have navigated to my FG modules folder. I did this by starting the Fantasy Grounds app and then clicking the folder icon in the upper-right corner. File path for reference is:
    /Applications/Fantasy Grounds.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds/modules

Then I dropped the .mod files into that modules folder (and they are indeed labeled ".mod", which was the problem/recommendation in one of the posts cited above).

But then I start the Fantasy Grounds app and connect to my server, and then click on Library, then on Modules . . . the two .mod files that I dropped in are not appearing in the list of available modules to load.

I have also tried some of the basic troubleshooting options of restarting my computer after dropping in the files, checking for and downloading FG updates, etc.

Any advice out there? Thank you in advance for any help!
    ~R

Make sure to click on the folder icon on the FG launch screen; then add the .mod files to the modules subfolder of the folder that is opened. By clicking that button, it directs you to the folder that FG is actually looking at to get data for the interface.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Make sure to click on the folder icon on the FG launch screen; then add the .mod files to the modules subfolder of the folder that is opened. By clicking that button, it directs you to the folder that FG is actually looking at to get data for the interface.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks JPG -- that's correct, I am:
    * clicking on the FG folder icon in the upper-right of the FG initial splash screen
    * I then go to the modules folder within that folder (this is the file path I pasted in my original post)
    * I then drop the .mod files in that modules folder

Still no luck! (meaning I then open FG and do not see the modules that I added as available to be selected for loading)

Then, it's possible that the .mod files are not valid. Where did you get them from?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Then, it's possible that the .mod files are not valid. Where did you get them from?

JPG
    Got both modules (there are 2 that are not appearing for me) from dmsguild.com

For testing purposes, a friend on a PC used these same files and they show up in that person's library as expected. So I don't think it's a file issue?

It could be that the files were zipped up using a different compression algorithm or with extra characters, which prevents them from opening in FGU. Reach out to the DM's Guild author to ask them to test on FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Many of the modules on DMsGuild do not open in FGU. If you unzip them and rezip using vanilla zip compression they generally work.

Thread Information