FG Spreadshirt Swag

Automate Fear effects possible?

A Halfling gets this - Bold: You gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against fear.

Is there a way to automate this?

An example of a Fear keyword attack:

In this example I would like the Halfling to get a +5 to his save roll to remove the -2 penalty to all defenses.

No, because you can't have a saving throw against a condition. The addition would have to be added to whatever ability score is being used for the save and that varies depending on who or what is forcing the save.

I believe that there is an extension available from the DMsGuid which automates this. https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...t%20McCullough
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Hah! Just noticed this is the 4E forum not 5e. So ignore my answer

Well, at least the bit about the extension anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thanks Zacchaeus, maybe I can deconstruct the extension you sent for 4e use.

So the problem comes if they have to make several saves and some of them are fear effects and some are not. That is a situation that the program can't handle.

If it's only one or the other, so only fear effects or other effects, it can be automated like this:

Have this on the halfling:
    IF CUSTOM(Fear Effect); SAVE: 5

And have all your fear effects, that are [Save Ends], like this
    Fear Effect; ....................

where the dotted line is replaced by whatever the fear effects actually does, for example
    Fear Effect; DEF: -2

If it is mixed conditions, the halfling would get a +5 to all saves though, not only the ones that are fear effects.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyle View Post

And have all your fear effects, that are [Save Ends], like this
    Fear Effect; ....................

where the dotted line is replaced by whatever the fear effects actually does, for example
    Fear Effect; DEF: -2
    This is a great solution.

Question: Applying the "Fear Effect; DEF: -2". I can make a custom Effect in the Effects panel and drag it from there to the PC but that is not very efficient. Is there a way to have this added to the NPC sheet or to put in the CT attack section?

Secondly, I notice on the CT the Effects on the NPC Sheet Stat Block which reads

Effect: The target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses (save ends).

This shows on the CT as [EFF] but does not do anything.

I must drag the effect from the NPC Stat Block onto a character.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; July 12th, 2020 at 20:32.

Is there a way to have this added to the NPC sheet or to put in the CT attack section?
    I don't think so. If there is, I haven't found it. Sadly the monster or NPC blocks are much harder to fiddle with get right than the PC sheets.

Have you tried to drag and drop that [EFF] onto PCs in the CT?
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyle View Post
    Have you tried to drag and drop that [EFF] onto PCs in the CT?
    The [EFF] is not selectable, clickable or dragable.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    The [EFF] is not selectable, clickable or dragable.
    Have you tried double clicking it, while the target is targeted in the tracker? Other than that, I don't know.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Apparently the [EFF] is just informational sadly.

Thread Information