DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Mythras Classic Fantasy

I'm preparing to run a Mythras game using the Classic Fantasy rulebook in a few months or so. So I'm trying to prepare in advance how to best utilize FG for this. Mythras is like RuneQuest and the Classic Fantasy supplement skins it into something like AD&D, so it's like a combination of RQ and AD&D.

A few questions:

1) I believe I've read that MoreCore has the functionality to run Mythras, but I might be wrong. Is the BRP ruleset or MoreCore better for running this game?

2) I'm only a little familiar with MoreCore, but I've seen how flexible it can be. However it can also be quite daunting, especially to casual players, because it's like a blank slate. Is there a way as a GM that I can design a character sheet layout and have it saved as a template for my players to use? So they can just dive in and use it, rather than having to manually create each one of their character sheets?

3) Has anyone made any materials with Mythras/Classic Fantasy stuff in it that I could use as a springboard?

Thanks!
    Last edited by osarusan; July 11th, 2020 at 03:42.

Classic Fantasy is basically just an character generation overlay over the Mythras mechanics, which are themselves closely derived from BRP. So my advice would be to just use the BRP ruleset and you'll have 95% of what you need out of the box. The rest you can hand-wave.

Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of additional material available for BRP in FG, but In Search of the Trollslayer is pretty fun.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=CHA2022FG2
    Last edited by rodney418; July 13th, 2020 at 15:41.
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

There is a Mythras morecore sheet in a WIP but those of us involved have been really busy of late and as such it has stalled a little, though it is not forgotten.

Use the newest version of Morecore and feel free to ping me on the discord and ill work through what works and what needs some love.

The Basic rolls report and the character sheet calculates the skills from the constituent stats. P3 (the last box on the skill) sets a difficulty in +/-ve (50 is skill x2 for example, -50 is 1/2 skill .

its a bit ugly as we havent got to the graphical parts yet but it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by monkeyboy_9000; August 13th, 2020 at 07:40.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy_9000 View Post
    There is a Mythras morecore sheet in a WIP byt those of us involves have been really busy of late and as such it has stalled a little, though it is not forgotten.

Use the newest version of Morecore and feel free to ping me on the discord and ill work through what works and what needs some love.

The Basic rolls repost and the character sheet calculates the skills from the constituent stats. P3 (the last box on the skill) sets a difficulty in +/-ve (50 is skill x2 for example, -50 is 1/2 skill .

its a bit ugly as we havent got to the graphical parts yet but it works.
    Thanks for sharing this! I've been fiddling around with it and it does look like it could at least be a good starting point!

Is there any further progress on the Mythras sheet? I would love to see this! I am going to try and teach myself how to create MoreCore sheets etc now

Thread Information