5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ View Post
    I believe that permission for this would have to come through WotC not Matt. The reason is because it was posted on the DM's Guild ownership it with them now. Matt still has the copywriter and it is his IP but they own publishing.
    In part you are correct. Once published on the Guild, it can only be distributed there. But, with only Matt's permission a FG conversion of it could be created and published on the DMsGuild. (Unless he has another agreement with WotC or OBS.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am trying to contact Matt over Twitter and his contacts from his own website. Unfortunately I have not received anything yet. I am still waiting for his or his assistance's response. I created an imageless version of the mod but since I don't know whether I have permission or not I do not want to risk it and post it here directly.

Out of curiosity - can the module just be posted without all the Images etc that everyone is checking for permission on? Not sure if that would also somehow be a problem or not. I just came accross this thread because I'm running a game with a player who wants to use the 2020 version and we just realized the module we had is out dated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooded View Post
    Out of curiosity - can the module just be posted without all the Images etc that everyone is checking for permission on? Not sure if that would also somehow be a problem or not. I just came accross this thread because I'm running a game with a player who wants to use the 2020 version and we just realized the module we had is out dated.
    No it can not be posted, because all the text is copyrighted.

Because of the DMsGuild's Community Content Agreement, Matt could only authorize any version of it to be released on the DMsGuild as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey folks,

I tried to contact Matt Mercer through Twitter and his Agency but with no luck at all. I doubt I will ever get a response. I am a little bummed out.
    Maybe you guys have an idea for contacting him or the DMsGuild?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarion View Post
    Hey folks,

I tried to contact Matt Mercer through Twitter and his Agency but with no luck at all. I doubt I will ever get a response. I am a little bummed out.
    Maybe you guys have an idea for contacting him or the DMsGuild?
    I've attempted to reach out to him and any one of his design team who could speak for him twice now - to no avail. This is just something Matt has zero interest in dealing with as he has enough on his plate (at least that's how it would appear).

Thread Information