Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Issue with NPC control and targeting.

Hi im having an issue with sharing an npc with the player.

i followed the steps in this video

But the issue is as follows. if you give control to a player of the npc the npc dragged by the dm onto the combat tracker has no sight for the friendly players on the map and the player who the npc is asigned to cannot control the movement. now if the player drags the token onto the map. the token has movement but no health bars and in both instances the player cannot target the other creature. also just found out that if a friendly pet npc is drawn out onto the map by the pc that owns it other creatures cannot target the friendly npc. anyone else confirm this?

Have you switched on or off the party vision and movement option? You’ll need that option off or on (I can’t remember which) in order to allow the player to move other tokens.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

i have the party vision and movement turned off. because i dont want others moving peoples tokens. i only want the pc with the npc pet to move that npc token.

Blog Entries
    You can either turn Party Vision On to allow players to move NPCs. Or after you add an NPC to a map, you can right click on the token and select the Add to Party Vision option. But you have to do that to each and every NPC and each and everytime you add them to a map.

Your choice which method.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    you can right click on the token and select the Add to Party Vision option.

Not sure if you tested that but on my computers that doesn't let you move the token if Party Vision and movement is off.

I made pets PC's and had the character Own it in the Character Selection. I did that last game session. One PC has a skeletal horse, and he can ride it by Shift Left Clicking on both tokens to move them both.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; July 9th, 2020 at 07:04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Not sure if you tested that but on my computers that doesn't let you move the token if Party Vision and movement is off.

I made pets PC's and had the character Own it in the Character Selection. I did that last game session. One PC has a skeletal horse, and he can ride it by Shift Left Clicking on both tokens to move them both.
    Thought I had some weeks ago. Code might have changed or more likely my memory is faulty Thanks for testing and correcting me.

Glad to know about the shift-clicking. I didn't know that and it explains an 'incident' I had last night!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can either turn Party Vision On to allow players to move NPCs. Or after you add an NPC to a map, you can right click on the token and select the Add to Party Vision option. But you have to do that to each and every NPC and each and everytime you add them to a map.

this isnt the main issue tho. the main issue is targeting. ive compensated with the player and made a pc sheet and made a barbarian wolf npc/pc hyrbid for now.

I just tested this whole scenario of sharing NPCs with players. I had no issues sharing the NPC; the player can fully control the NPC - moving it and targeting with it as long as Party Vision is switched On. With party vision off then only the DM can use the NPC.

So as far as I can see all of this is working exactly as expected.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I just tested this whole scenario of sharing NPCs with players. I had no issues sharing the NPC; the player can fully control the NPC - moving it and targeting with it as long as Party Vision is switched On. With party vision off then only the DM can use the NPC.

So as far as I can see all of this is working exactly as expected.
    could we have a third option of being able to share npc movement and control without giving party vision on?

Thread Information