DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Reroll 2 bugged

Reroll 2 bugged

This situation is happening in 5E I have all the core rule books.

Having a problem with the reroll 2 function when using GWF the character has the weapon set up as it should with stat set as Str and damage set as 2D6 using Str (+3); however, when attacking there are weird situations in which say a 1,5 is rolled then the 1 is rerolled into a 6 so the new total should be 5 + 6 + 3 = 14 instead what is happening is the calculation is 5 + 6 -2 = 9. I have tried testing this multiple times and have had scenarios where a 1,4 is rolled and the 1 is rerolled into a 1, and the calculation would be right afterwards. It seems that what the calculation is doing is taking the difference between the original roll die and the new roll die then subtracting that difference from the total.

Just tried it myself and see the same results: with a +5 to damage and "reroll 2" specified, I rolled a 1, which rerolled to a 7, and got this output:

[DAMAGE (M)] Greataxe, +1 [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=1][TYPE: slashing, magic (1d12-1=6)

Yep, I can replicate this issue, too.
    FG Reroll error.JPG

And here's one that isn't a critical hit:
    Reroll.JPG
    Last edited by Bercilak; July 11th, 2020 at 07:16. Reason: Added second example.

This should be fixed with the updates I pushed this morning.

Regards,
    JPG

Playing FGU 5E last night, July 11, 2020. The Great Weapon fighting style (Reroll 2) seems to use the original roll (with 1's & 2's) to compute damage instead of the rerolled dice to compute final damage.

The GM would have had to update (which we usually do not recommend doing right before a game). So, perhaps the GM can make sure they update, and check that on your character.

Regards,
    JPG

Tried it out and it works fine for me (5E).

Thread Information