DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Large list loading time

Whatever you did in the update today, it MASSIVELY improved the loading time for large lists. My syrinscape library has a bit over 27,000 entries in it, and it loaded in under 4 seconds. It used to take 10 minutes or so.

thank you!!!
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I was just coming here to say the same thing. It's a HUGE difference. Nice job!

Yep, same here. I dont want to jinx it but all my large data lists are being accessed way faster. Some of my NPC modules and Power modules for 4E was taking 5+ minutes to access. Now after module activation (which still takes some time) access to the data is about a second. Woohoo!

Have a game tonight so that is going to be great.

It fixes the performance issues in the RMC ruleset also.

Blog Entries
    Sorry all, you must be mistaken. Not possible that performance has imporved so much. Moon said it would only slightly improve...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    • Lua API rebuilt with a new approach that should slightly improve UI delays.
    Gotta admire the understatement

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

True but I consider it a slight improvement for each item so it adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Sorry all, you must be mistaken. Not possible that performance has imporved so much. Moon said it would only slightly improve...

Gotta admire the understatement
    Under promise over deliver to the extreme!

The game was a success and it was smooth. everything was opening quickly and no lag at all for my 5E game.

Wow! This is so much nicer and faster! Whatever you changed definitely did the trick.

It had been so bad when we were using a lot of lists a couple weeks ago for a new campaign that I was about to suggest that the implementation felt like it was creating UI cells for every element and to try using a virtual list style approach instead. Interesting that it had been a LUA issue instead - I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever use LUA as a scripting layer in something.

Thank you so much for addressing this!

Thread Information