5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Token dragging issue

My players and I have consistently been having an issue with dragging tokens on the map. After some tests, it appears to be related to zoom level.

I've tested with no extensions (other than Theme: Simple Brown).
    I've unloaded all modules but LMoP and PHB.

If I zoom in reasonably close, I can easily move the token.

If I zoom further out, then attempting to move the token moves the window instead. This happens extremely consistently.

In both cases, the cursor changes to a hand when I mouseover the token.

When zoomed in and I begin the drag, the cursor changes to a clenched hand and the token drags correctly.

When zoomed out and I begin the drag, the cursor changes to the cross arrow, and the window drags instead.

FGU 2020-07-02
    Ruleset: 5E
    Mouse: Logitech G600

Zoomed_In.jpg
    Zoomed_Out.png

Blog Entries
    I've seen this (3.5E & 5E, no extensions, player and DM) , but haven't paid much attention to if the cursor changes. I assumed that I was not actually grabbing the token (that my pointer was off) and I resolved by just zooming in. Would be nice if I didn't have to

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Issue still occurs on FGU 2020-07-07.

Thanks for reporting. I've added a task for Carl to review.

Regards,
    JPG

This appears to be fixed in 2020-07-30.

Did some more testing in 2020-08-03. While it's much better than it was, there is still an issue.

For this test, zoom way out.

Slowly move the mouse cursor from below the token up into the token. As soon as the token highlights and the cursor changes to a hand, click and attempt to drag the token.
    The cursor changes into the cross arrow, and dragging moves the window.

If you move a few extra pixels before dragging, you can successfully move the token.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.07.55 PM.png

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Weasel View Post
    Did some more testing in 2020-08-03. While it's much better than it was, there is still an issue.

For this test, zoom way out.

Slowly move the mouse cursor from below the token up into the token. As soon as the token highlights and the cursor changes to a hand, click and attempt to drag the token.
    The cursor changes into the cross arrow, and dragging moves the window.

If you move a few extra pixels before dragging, you can successfully move the token.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.07.55 PM.png
    I have a pretty similar issue occur when dragging links. For instance dragging spells to the action tab every so often it will appear to grab the link then somehow drop it and instead either move window or highlight and drag text from the summary field of a spell the cursor is passing over. This in Pathfinder 1e.

Can't speak to the efficacy of zooming in with regard to my issue because I can't zoom in on the spell links.

@mozmonar,

Can you elaborate in a new thread with maybe a quick snippet of what you see, and the steps to recreate?
    (You can use Windows Snipping Tool (Window key + Shift + S) to make a quick snip of the screen.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @mozmonar,

Can you elaborate in a new thread with maybe a quick snippet of what you see, and the steps to recreate?
    (You can use Windows Snipping Tool (Window key + Shift + S) to make a quick snip of the screen.)

Regards,
    JPG
    Sure, I can. Just sort of thought it might be the same issue. Seems like FGU is registering as if I have released the mouse and then clicked it again rather than holding it down the whole time. And that is the behavior the OP essentially described. If the token is large enough the click/unclick/click will happen when the cursor pointer is still hovering over the token but on a smaller token the pointer will have moved off it and grabbed the window instead. This is just my theory anyway.

I will try gather the snippet and post tomorrow.

Thread Information