STAR TREK 2d20

What is your setup for in person TV embedded gameplay?

So I am about to finish building my new gaming table, and while I am unbelievably excited to have a 40 inch TV for a map, I am completely overwhelmed about how to integrate FG/FGU

I do have access to a desktop and a lap top, but I was curious what people typically use and how they integrate it. I've heard using two instances of FGU on one machine but then how do I only show the one instance?

Would love to know what works for other people, and how they run their games!

Have a GM computer and monitor, and connect the TV to that computer - so you have two monitors (the computer monitor and the TV) - and in Windows (assuming you're on Windows) use "Extend desktop to this display" in the Multiple Displays setting. Start your GM instance of FG and have that on the GM monitor, and then start a second instance of FG (the player instance) and have that on the TV.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I don't have a TV built into my table, but I have run FG on a TV as a player display (on the wall).

If the display TV is attached to your GM computer as a second display, then start a second instance of FG on your DM computer, connect with a name like 'Table' and use an IP address of 'localhost' Drag that instance to your TV.

You also might want to use this extension; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Face-games

If your players also bring computers to the table, or atleast one does, you can have them run the TV and put their instance of FG (or start another if you have an ultimate license or they have 2 standard licenses) on the TV. That way they can control all the player tokens etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In all honesty, if you are there in person and using miniatures and such and only need to display maps and Fog of War features on your screen, FG is not the best application for this. Fantasy Grounds is the best for remote play, but for in person VTT usage I recommend Maptool by rptools (which is totally free). It will allow you to maximize the map so there are no borders on your screen and also control masking and Line of Sight functionality from a separate screen. Setting up LoS features is a lot trickier than it is in FG though...

If you get into dynamic video maps (which are really cool), VMPlayer is a good one in that it is also free and allows you to create a playlist that you can control from your second screen.

I don't have a TV. Have two monitors, and one of my players shares his screen so that one of my other players can see tokens over discord. His PC is too slow to log into FGC.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information