5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP - D&D 5E Campaign - Mon, Tues, or Thurs @ 5:30PST

Hey All,

I'm looking to put together a campaign to practice up before launching a professional DM business. I'm treating it as if it was a paid campaign. Please let me know if you're interested, and we'll set up a Zoom call to touch base.

FG License: I have Unity Ultimate, so no license need.
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: PST
    Day of week and time: Mon, Tues, or Thurs @ 5:30pm PST
    If new game, planned start date: W/in the next 2 weeks, that of the 13th or the 20th.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 - 4 hour sessions. Weekly or 3 out of every 4 weeks.
    Term: 2 to 3 months, with possibility of running longer

Text or Voice: Voice and Video
    Voice software used: Zoom, I have a license. No need for you to spend anything.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? The session will be recorded for my own analysis. Will not be posted nor streamed.

Roleplay & Combat mix: TBD. We will have a session 0.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2. Need 3 more.
    Character starting level & equipment: Lvl 1 and starting gear
    Character restrictions: Base races + Goliath. No Artificer or Wild Magic Sorcerors. Class paths from PHB and Xanathar's.

Are you fine with DM player who are newer to fantasy ground but familiar with DND?

Absolutely. Players of all levels of experience are welcome. Part of my objective is to really dig into and master Fantasy Grounds, so we'll learn together. No problem.

Can I join them, I been looking for a game to join

Live in Pacific timezone.
    Been playing D&D specifically since 1982 (thats right - started w/ the OD&D w/ the boxed sets and played all editions except 4th). I recently completed one campaign as a player in 5e (Ravenloft till level 14), and one as a DM for levels 1-6 in a homebrew Vikings setting.
    Played dozens and dozens of other games - in fact nearly all of my gaming now is something other than D&D
    Usually I DM/GM but I would love an opportunity to give up some control and allow myself to go for a nice ride.
    I'm a savvy clever player but don't rules debate. I do not power game and making a perfect character build is not at all my style.
    I love a good story - interesting, engaging NPCs that feel real with motivations and a group of PCs to interact with is really what i love.
    Honestly advancing my characters power is not that important - but advancing his/her story and feeling a connection to the world - how the setting and story is affected and changes dynamically is far more rewarding to me.

I have a Ultimate (non-Unity) license.
    I have Discord for voice and video which I usually use, but have used Zoom and can use as well.

The time is perfect for me - i could play until well.....1AM I guess. But midnight is very reasonable.

I usually create a character after knowing a bit about the world/setting so that i can make a character with believable immersion to the game/setting.

Update: As of now, we are looking specifically for Thursday at 5:30pm PST.

Hi Vekkin,

If you're still looking for group members, I'd greatly appreciate the opportunity. I've been contemplating buying Fantasy Grounds and would love to learn more about it to help me make my decision. I've played both D&D and Pathfinders tabletop, but never a VTT version. Thursday evenings work great for me.

Glancing at the join dates for everyone, other than FrostRazor, it appears we are all pretty new to the Fantasy Grounds scene.
    Last edited by Erdnussman; July 8th, 2020 at 02:50.

Hey Guys,

I'm still meeting people to find the best group fit. Will have a decision made by Friday. Message me on Discord at Vekkin#1002 to set a time to chat. If you don't have discord, then PM me with a time that you can chat for a bit, and I'll send you my Zoom info. Looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks,
    Vekkin

Hi Vekkin,

I'm interested! What I'm seeking...

FG License: Currently I just have free - sounds like that will work but I'm willing to pay up at some point if necessary.

Time Zone: I'm in Central Time. 5:30 PT - 9:30 PT works just fine.

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Thurs strongly preferred and that sounds like where you've landed. I'm on short vacation 7/10-7/13 so couldn't make an inaugural session those days.

Term: Forever potentially :-). Since I'm just getting in to this a time-boxed group probably makes good sense for me to get my feet wet.

Voice: Flexible. Have Discord, Zoom.

Roleplay/combat mix: I probably lean a little roleplay.

Game System Preferred: 5e is perfect.

Game System Experience: Low-level intermediate. I've DM'd my sons and some friends run through Curse of Strahd and some of Phandelver. I'm itching to be a PC instead of DM! I also watch a lot of streaming - Critical Role & Dice, Camera, Action but most recent hands-on 2+ years ago so probably a little rusty. That's about it, never played as a kid for some reason.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Zero, just recently signed up :-). I'll figure it out.

Character Type Preferred: I'd like to run an interesting character with personality and background but no strong preferences on type. Happy to contribute to a well grounded party.

About me: I'm 50, live in MN. Work in the healthcare/IT industry. Divorced a few years back and I have two teenage boys half-time, looking for a fun escape now and then. Long time fantasy/sci-fi fan. I saw LOTR Fellowship in the theater 9 times so I feel like that gives me some cred. Runner and terrible occasional golfer. Weekends are those things + dog and a girlfriend :-).

Looking for a fun group!
    Last edited by DougManiac; July 8th, 2020 at 06:32.

Thread Information