FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 15 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Going back through the thread and the critical dice don't seem to work properly; even when it doesn't crit, the crit dice still apply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by metaldm007 View Post
    Going back through the thread and the critical dice don't seem to work properly; even when it doesn't crit, the crit dice still apply.
    I'm not sure what your issue is from the posted image.

The extension will 'roll' every dice it needs for the roll, and then when applied to a target the 'corrected' value is applied. ( I dont see you apply any damage in the image, just an non-target roll. )

damage.PNG

See the attached example of a 'shortsword' that I have added a '1d8 slashing,critical' extra line of damage.

The first line shows d6+d8+3 = 3+1+3 = 7, this is the total roll result. No damage has been applied to a target.

The second line shows an 'Advanced Weapon Damage' with just the d6+3=3+3=6 box because this was not a critical roll.

The third line shows the 'Damage [6] -> cat', which is the correct damage from this total roll from the first line when 'applied' for the cat as a non-critical roll.

I've then added a forced critical roll...

The forth line shows a d6+d8+g6+3=1+4+5+3=13, which you can see the '1d8 critcal' dice was not 'double rolled' but the d6 is correctly double rolled (g6).

The 5th line shows the total 'damage[13]->cat'.

If you have a specific case I'm happy to take a look, but I will need to see a roll and it applied to a target.

NOTE: the extension will roll every dice is needs because at the 'roll' point it does not know what the target is. If you dont have a target you get the first line, you can that drag that box from chat to CT/map to apply to a target at which point it will do as my targeted example shows and calculate which sections of the damage line apply. If you get an 'advanced weapon damage' line this is because 'some' of the lines were not applied and you get a report of the dice it is going to apply. ( Hence line 2, but no such report line for the critical attack because all lines were applied to the cat. )

Just wondered if you are aware of any conflicts with other exts. When I run the ext in a clean campaign with just this ext running its working fine, when I use it in another campaign in which I use a lot of exts it is adding both damages together (both campaigns I used hew with the same character).

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Just wondered if you are aware of any conflicts with other exts. When I run the ext in a clean campaign with just this ext running its working fine, when I use it in another campaign in which I use a lot of exts it is adding both damages together (both campaigns I used hew with the same character).
    Thats a new one to me, You will have to try and work out which extension it is conflicting with. I can not own and check every possible extension conflict. But I do try and fix them when they are detected and reported.

If you could try a binary chop of extensions, ie copy the campaign and then turn off half the extensions.. if it still has the issues then repeat until you find which extension conflicts.

Sorry I can not help you reduce the number, but I have no idea which extensions you are using, so I just can not help without know which conflicts for you. Its normally reasonable to fix and get them working together. ( most of the time. )

Just because I dont know of any at the moment, I do have patches for a few, and they might have made changes that break those patches. But it does require a user to report and narrow it down.

You might have multiple extension that cause issues. They are a pain because of how the ruleset defines the character sheet, so a lot of extensions end up changing the 'powers' page which has the spell and weapon buttons. So it happens a bunch to get conflicts.

Let me know if you find which one it is, I'll then try and get hold of it and replicate the issue and update to between the extensions who ends up fixing it. ( Sometimes the fix ends up in the other extension and not mine. )

Thanks, Pete

No problem I will report back.

No problem I will report back.
    Just a quick note....

Have you checked if it is applying multiple damages to the target ? ( Or just listing it in the chat ? )

Advanced weapon damage will list the 'full' dice roll and then a listing for what was applied to the creature.

So if you have a weapon, '1d6' with a second damage line '1d6 type(giant)',

When you roll, you will get a chat line for,

1. Advanced Weapon Damage 1d6 + 1d6 = roll total...

2. (for a non giant ) It will then list a 'Damage 1d6', with the 'wolf damage (1d6=3)' type line in chat.. and 3 damage applied to the wolf...

3. if you had multiple targets and the other was a giant, you would also get the lines for 'giant 1d6+1d6=7', 'giant takes (7) damage' with the resistances etc..

This might be the case you are seeing if you are new to the extension, or it could be a real double damage application.

See awd.jpg attached for a 'type(giant)' damage, with 11 damage going to the non-giant, and the full 17 damage going to the giant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's Def the combined damage of the max and non max rolls.

Its something to do with constitutional Amendments ext. I used hew against a plant creature and it calculated the damage max + dice roll when CA was active but not when it wasn't.
    Last edited by Leprekorn; September 14th, 2021 at 15:31.

Is there a conflict with max?
    I tested in a new campaign with just CA and AWDE and SRD loaded ragged both lightbringer and hew item into the actions tab from the AWDE mod. Added a plant based creature and undead to the CT, tried lightbringer against the undead worked properly, tried lightbringer vs plant creature worked properly. Tried Hew against plant creature combined the max and the rolled damage worked incorrectly. Tried hew against the undead worked properly only applying the normal damage not maxed. Added type plant to the undead tried hew again worked incorrectly combining the max and the normal damage. I think it has something to do with the max damage trait.
    Last edited by Leprekorn; September 14th, 2021 at 16:05.

Is there a conflict with max?
    I tested in a new campaign with just CA and AWDE and SRD loaded ragged both lightbringer and hew item into the actions tab from the AWDE mod. Added a plant based creature and undead to the CT, tried lightbringer against the undead worked properly, tried lightbringer vs plant creature worked properly. Tried Hew against plant creature combined the max and the rolled damage worked incorrectly. Tried hew against the undead worked properly only applying the normal damage not maxed. Added type plant to the undead tried hew again worked incorrectly combining the max and the normal damage. I think it has something to do with the max damage trait.
    I was thinking this one, we have had 'issues' with conflicts in the past. Most were sorted out.

It sounds like we both use 'max' for different things. I AWD 'max' forces that line dice rolls to the 'max' value for the dice. While CA I think calculates a total max against a creature.

Which version of CA are you using ? ( Is it on the free forums, forge or dmsguild... I dont remember.. I was free if I recall. )

Thread Information