FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 15 First ... 31112131415 Last
    It is fixed. Been working just great the last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    It is fixed. Been working just great the last few weeks
    Good to know.

I'm thinking of a slight adjustment to the support. To do with CA 'transfer', because CA just looks at all the damage lines and if it sees this on any line it processes this damage as a 'transfer'. But AWD will zero out damage lines not for that target. ie if a AWD has a 'type(undead)' then that line would not apply to a non-undead creature. So if this line also had the CA 'transfer' on it, I feel if you hit a non-undead then no 'transfer' should happen, but if you do hit and undead it would. So I'm going to look at tracking these and when I zero out a damage line, if it also has a 'transfer' on the line I could change it to '_transfer_' so that CA no longer finds it. This would allow for weapons that can transfer on the conditions or not.

-pete

A question can you add Better Combat Effect 'code' with this extension?
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    A question can you add Better Combat Effect 'code' with this extension?
    I'm not sure what you are asking, I had a quick look and that extension seems to deal with effects. Advanced weapon damage does not deal with effects, it runs a type of effect per damage line to make it selective for the like of 'type(giant)'.

If you want a weapon to have an effect line, then maybe Advanced Effects is more what you are looking for. ( As I try not to duplicate over other available extension code features. )

If this is not what you are thinking, then please add some details and example of what you are trying to get working.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Thank you for ur answer. Personally, I think the greatest feature of ur extension is the ability to add effect and damage to specific weapons instead of placing an EFF on the CT which would turn into apply that effect to any damage/attack. For example with ur extension u can apply blind and this is linked to a specific weapon [Effect(Blind)]. Better combat effect (BCE) can do the same but the effect is added to the PC then it will apply to any attack/damage, for example.

If I place the code developed from BCE to a weapon, with ur extension, would it work?

Example: If I place Effect(GOTU) to a weapon and I have a Custom Effect GOTU; Paralyzed; SAVEA: CON 10 (R), will this trigger?
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Thank you for ur answer. Personally, I think the greatest feature of ur extension is the ability to add effect and damage to specific weapons instead of placing an EFF on the CT which would turn into apply that effect to any damage/attack. For example with ur extension u can apply blind and this is linked to a specific weapon [Effect(Blind)]. Better combat effect (BCE) can do the same but the effect is added to the PC then it will apply to any attack/damage, for example.

If I place the code developed from BCE to a weapon, with ur extension, would it work?

Example: If I place Effect(GOTU) to a weapon and I have a Custom Effect GOTU; Paralyzed; SAVEA: CON 10 (R), will this trigger?
    I dont think so, the system when it is checking effects is looking at the return value to decide if to add that line of damage or not. So you could do a 'hunters mark' type check to see if a creature had that as part on its effects list. But it does not run the effect process, so it would not be able to trigger 'Paralyzed; SAVEA: CON 10 (R)'. It could tell if that creature had that effect on it and do extra/or not damage by including or excluding the damage part of the weapon line.

Its only running the testing parts of the effects, the bit that goes in the 'IFT' to decide if it processes the rest of the line. If that clears things up... so 'size(>m)' to keep the line or not, from an effect line like 'IFT size(>m); DMG: 1d8' but run direct on the weapon.

When I checked down most of the effect 5e weapon samples and from core magic items, most are just do additional damage on creature type. Which covers a lot of weapons. I made sure it could test from things like 'paralyzed' and 'intoxicated' etc.. so you could have a 'tavern club' which does extra 1d6 to 'intoxicated' creatures etc..

But it was never design to 'run' effects, as this would have to be stored on the damage line some how and that makes weapon description parsing very complex to deal with. The AWD extension can manage these extra lines of damage with its checks off the weapon damage text so that a DM can configure the item and it arrives correct when added to a player.

My plan is not to run effect lines ( Due to complexity of some effect parts happen part way into an attack or at start/end of one. ), hence the advanced effects as I though this added an effect line to a weapon that is then cross referenced on the player for that weapon. ie if you had multiple weapons enabled on to hit with, both weapons effect line would be added to your combat tracker and then enabled/disabled depending on which weapon was used. ( But it sounds like it just runs all of them ? or its adding the effect to you and not a target creature which I could see as a limit due to having to check every player/creature to every target to search out which effects are needed to be processed.. )

Like much of FG I try and cover a range of options, but can not cover everything people ask for.. AWD resolves the damage line very early in the damage roll processing so its not in a position to also run effects that could happen at multiple stages of that roll process..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I dont think so, the system when it is checking effects is looking at the return value to decide if to add that line of damage or not. So you could do a 'hunters mark' type check to see if a creature had that as part on its effects list. But it does not run the effect process, so it would not be able to trigger 'Paralyzed; SAVEA: CON 10 (R)'. It could tell if that creature had that effect on it and do extra/or not damage by including or excluding the damage part of the weapon line.

Its only running the testing parts of the effects, the bit that goes in the 'IFT' to decide if it processes the rest of the line. If that clears things up... so 'size(>m)' to keep the line or not, from an effect line like 'IFT size(>m); DMG: 1d8' but run direct on the weapon.

When I checked down most of the effect 5e weapon samples and from core magic items, most are just do additional damage on creature type. Which covers a lot of weapons. I made sure it could test from things like 'paralyzed' and 'intoxicated' etc.. so you could have a 'tavern club' which does extra 1d6 to 'intoxicated' creatures etc..

But it was never design to 'run' effects, as this would have to be stored on the damage line some how and that makes weapon description parsing very complex to deal with. The AWD extension can manage these extra lines of damage with its checks off the weapon damage text so that a DM can configure the item and it arrives correct when added to a player.

My plan is not to run effect lines ( Due to complexity of some effect parts happen part way into an attack or at start/end of one. ), hence the advanced effects as I though this added an effect line to a weapon that is then cross referenced on the player for that weapon. ie if you had multiple weapons enabled on to hit with, both weapons effect line would be added to your combat tracker and then enabled/disabled depending on which weapon was used. ( But it sounds like it just runs all of them ? or its adding the effect to you and not a target creature which I could see as a limit due to having to check every player/creature to every target to search out which effects are needed to be processed.. )

Like much of FG I try and cover a range of options, but can not cover everything people ask for.. AWD resolves the damage line very early in the damage roll processing so its not in a position to also run effects that could happen at multiple stages of that roll process..

-pete
    Clear thank you very much!
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

I have noted a conflict between this and the 5E Absorb Effect extension which causes the latter to cease to function. Just thought I'd drop a line here to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    I have noted a conflict between this and the 5E Absorb Effect extension which causes the latter to cease to function. Just thought I'd drop a line here to let you know.
    I've just grabbed the extension and will try and get some time to take a look at this issue.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Notice,
    Just checked this extension with the new ruleset update from last night, and its causing some issues due to calling a now 'depreciated' function on the ruleset.

I'll try and sort a fix at some point, but the attack/damage system has been getting large changes so this might be an issue until the ruleset settles over the next few weeks.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information