STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 15 First ... 34567 ... Last
    So awesome, that did it! I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks, mate!

Letting people who requested other ruleset support, some of this has been added at a provisional level. ( See top of thread for details.. )

Support for rulesets, 3.5E, PFRPG, PFRPG2 at a basic level has been added to v1.6

Thanks, Pete

Hi, is there a code you have for exploding damage dice? I keep finding this thread linked while searching for some information, but I can't seem to find it. I'm trying to find something for a one off magic item that I can make/code in 5e. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawvl View Post
    Hi, is there a code you have for exploding damage dice? I keep finding this thread linked while searching for some information, but I can't seem to find it. I'm trying to find something for a one off magic item that I can make/code in 5e. Thanks!
    The quick answer is NO, i dont change how FG calculates dice rolls.. I process the like of the effect 'IFT' command on the damage line to enable/disable a damage line in the weapon.

You could express what you want the magic weapon to do, and I'll probably not want to implement it, but I might be able to tell you if it would be a royal pain to do or possible..

-pete

Damage Type changes to untyped when dragged onto character.

So my Party loves to roll their own saving throws when being attacked. I saw a tutorial video a while ago that you can just roll the damage in the chat window and then apply the damage via drag and drop. As you can see in the screensho I attached, the fire damage our Tiefling-Lady made changes to "untyped", so the dwarves' Ring Of Fire Resistance does not half the damage.
    I encountered the same problem when adding the DMGO Effect to a creature.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    The quick answer is NO, i dont change how FG calculates dice rolls.. I process the like of the effect 'IFT' command on the damage line to enable/disable a damage line in the weapon.

You could express what you want the magic weapon to do, and I'll probably not want to implement it, but I might be able to tell you if it would be a royal pain to do or possible..

-pete
    All I wanted was for the weapon to reroll a 1 once and explode on a 4. It's a dagger, rolling the typical 1d4. I know I can add the reroll coding in to the weapon, and I know that typing into the chat "/roll 1d4e" will roll a die that explodes on a 4, but it isn't as neat as having it on the weapon itself. I've read that the exploding dice aren't coded into the rule set, so I think I'm just stuck with them rolling their attack off their sheet and then hot keying the damage roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    I encountered the same problem when adding the DMGO Effect to a creature.
    My extension has nothing to do with the effect side, like DMGO...

But if you drop in a screen shot showing the effect line on the character/combat tracker, and it in chat and showing the untyped damage...

If you can show this with and without my extension to confirm its caused only when my extension is installed, then I will look to fix it..

If its the same without my extension, then also post the information and I'll take a look in the ruleset and report it as a bug is I can see the issue in the code.

-pete

All I wanted was for the weapon to reroll a 1 once and explode on a 4. It's a dagger, rolling the typical 1d4. I know I can add the reroll coding in to the weapon, and I know that typing into the chat "/roll 1d4e" will roll a die that explodes on a 4, but it isn't as neat as having it on the weapon itself. I've read that the exploding dice aren't coded into the rule set, so I think I'm just stuck with them rolling their attack off their sheet and then hot keying the damage roll.
    I've made a not in my todo list to have a look to see how and when these things happen in the roll process. If I can 'influence' them, then I'll look to see if I can add some extra tokens like 'explode' and 'reroll1' so they can be added onto the weapon description/weapon meta on character sheet along with the damage type etc.. But this might not be possible, it does depend on how the ruleset is coded..

-pete

Awesome! I appreciate that! Thanks!

Awesome! I appreciate that! Thanks!
    I had a quick look and '/roll 1d4e' works at corerpg ruleset level, so it might be part of the lowest level support.... I'll take a look to see if we can just change the dice string in a damage roll to include and 'e' to cause it to explode.. but it might be more complex than that..

on the 'reroll' you can add this to the properties of a weapon, next to the versatile etc.. while this should reroll all dice from the weapon, this might be 'blockable' on a per weapon line of damage.

at the moment, you might have seen me doing spell token extension updates, I have some more bits to do on that extension, so not sure when i'll get chance to look further.

-pete

Thread Information