STAR TREK 2d20

Run test Failure - Please help

Good night, first I apologize for my English, I am from Brazil. Well, let's see what has happened. I bought the Ultimate version of Fantasy Grounds on Steam, after writing my campaign I was ready to finally play, but when I did the connection test the failure message appeared. I looked for solutions in the forums, I made sure that my network was private, that my firewall had the allowed fanrtasy ground, and I even tried port forward. But even so, I was not successful. I ask for help please.

I am attaching some images of what I have tried so that you can take a look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ederson Vinicius Vieira; July 8th, 2020 at 23:20.

Hi Ederson, welcoome to FG.

If you are in Brazil then it is entirely possible that your ISP is sharing IP addresses, which means you are unlikely to be able to port forward successfully.

Have a look at this post and if you can answer the questions at the end and post the results there we can probably help further. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Please have a look at the Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained thread.
    Read post #2 and answer the questions - you might also read the last 2 pages and see what the other GMs from Brasil have ended up doing.

Good morning for everyone i appreciate the answers, I tried the forum and all the tutorials available but none of them resolved, after trying everything I got in touch with my internet provider. And I realized that their internet plan prevented me from succeeding in my connection to Fantasy Grounds, unfortunately the business plan that would allow me to do that is too expensive. So I will not be able to use the program, I requested the cancellation of the purchase by steam. I'm sad that I can't use it.

Can you tell me if FGU also needs to connect directly to my computer or does it use any different technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Ederson Vinicius Vieira View Post
    Good morning for everyone i appreciate the answers, I tried the forum and all the tutorials available but none of them resolved, after trying everything I got in touch with my internet provider. And I realized that their internet plan prevented me from succeeding in my connection to Fantasy Grounds, unfortunately the business plan that would allow me to do that is too expensive. So I will not be able to use the program, I requested the cancellation of the purchase by steam. I'm sad that I can't use it.

Can you tell me if FGU also needs to connect directly to my computer or does it use any different technology?
    FGU doesn't need Port Forwarding in the same way that FGC does. FGU uses a cloud brokering service to connect players which circumvents the need to Port Forward; so it should work for you wereas FGC won't.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Great, so i will do that, as soon as i get the refund money, i will buy the FGU. Thanks for listening.

You can't currently buy FGU on Steam, you'll have to buy through the FG store, or wait until it's on Steam (currently no ETA as Steam need to change how they do DLC).

There are port forwarding alternative you can use with FGC. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the suggestion of alternatives, I will pay for a month of subscription to FGU, if it works I will buy the ultimate version on the fantasy grounds website. At least I haven't lost the DLCS.

Hey Ederson,
    I got the same boat (brazil and shared ip address, as know as CGNAT, I'm using netvirtua here) you can use some vpn like zerotier or hamachi. I got a ultimate license and now I'm stuck to wait for FGU shows on steam :/

If you host a d&d table, let me know

Thread Information