5E Character Create Playlist

Graphic: Unable to load file (imagefilename.jpg) (modules/modfilename.mod)

When type searches in the Assets window, I sometimes get errors and the image preview is blank:
    unloadedImage.png
    FGU, 5E, Mac, no extensions
    If I unzip and rezip the module, the errors for that one go away.
    I checked the .mod's file permissions and even deleted the extended attributes but that didn't fix it.
    I don't understand why rezipping some modules fixes this.
    These are downloaded modules. I don't know the original zip method used.
    eg Mordenkainen's_Lost_Notebook_(Fantasy_Grounds).mod

Example error messages:
    Graphic: Unable to load file (Map - SkalintownMap.jpg) (modules/Nerzugals_Dungeon_Master_Toolkit_2.mod)
    errors.png
    errors2.png
    Logs attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    This appears to be due to a zipping issue. FGC accepted some forms of zip files that FGU does not. If this is for FG Store modules (which it appears these are not) then posting in the 5E Bug Report thread. But, since these appear to be non-FG Store modules, you will have to reach out to the author of the modules and let them know they need to properly re-zip these files so they work with FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I decided to try loading one of the broken modules.
    You can see the module loaded but with no cover image:
    LoadedBadModule.png
    I'm able to load story records and NPC records but no image records from the modules. Upon opening an NPC, it gives the image error message as it fails to load the attached token. I would have expected not to be able to access any records if it was an unsupported compression or something like that. Strange.
    The docs say "zip format" is supported which I guess isn't very specific so I'm not yet entirely sure what I would tell the module makers. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ide+-+Overview
    The four that I have fixed so far by rezipping are:
    Mordenkainen's Lost Notebook
    Nerzugal's Dungeon Master Toolkit 2
    Nerzugal's Extended Bestiary 2
    The Stores Handbook
    The preview images now load for these four, in addition to now being able to load images instead of only non-image records:
    rezippedModules.png

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what the details on the zip file formatting is either. Hopefully someone else can provide more details.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That link shows what to use for .zip format (bold mine).

For creating single file delivery packages (.mod, .pak, .ext), you will need to be able to compress the files using the Zip format. You can create a compressed file using the Windows right click menu within File Explorer. Or, you can acquire a utility like 7-Zip to help.
    Basically, select all of the files to be zipped (CTRL+A), then right click them and choose Send to, then Compressed (zipped) folder on Windows. This is a built in option of Windows (I think it was introduced in WinXP, but I forget exactly when it was first introduced).

The other option would be to use 7-zip if you prefer a different tool.

It's possible the author was using some other tool that is not implementing the .zip format as FG expects.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information