DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sorting spells on NPC cards

I found a few old hits but nothing seemed quite right (or I missed it).

Is there a way to sort spells on an NPC card (i.e. by level, then alphabetically)? I have gotten used to new spell entries dropping into the bottom of the list (so they have 2 or 3 levels of spells, but now a new cantrip is below all entries), but I've also had times where it slotted into a random spot mid-list - and whenever I notice this I try to replicate it(did I drop it on another spell name? Within the spell description?) but then I can't reproduce it.

So other than blanking the entirety of a spell list and then carefully adding them the correct order - is there any way to re-sort existing entries, or 'insert' a new entry (i.e. when they have 1st & 2nd & 3rd level spells, and it's a 2nd-level "A-A-ron's Spiral of Accuracy", to have it appear at the top of the 2nd level listing in alpha order?

Blog Entries
    Delete all spells from the NPC. Use the Spell Casting Trait to define their spells, then when added to the CT or re-parsed, all the spells will be re-added, I believe in the order they are listed in the trait, but not sure.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Holy coolness Batman!!! I had no idea this trick existed. I've been manually building NPC cards by dragging spells in. I did as you suggested - wiped all the individual spell entries, left the Spellcasting trait.
    Added to CT and all the spells were listed as actions (so already I'm happy) - closed/re-opened the NPC and everything was listed.
    Talk about a time saver - thanks muchly!

EDIT: CT is actually an extra step. As long as the Spellcasting is listed correctly (known and/or prepared) deleting all spells and simply closing/re-opening the NPC did the trick.
    Last edited by BronzeDodger; July 6th, 2020 at 06:48.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information