FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

My Alpha Bugs and Suggestions

No extensions loaded

BUGS

BUG/5e: Mood Lighting does not appear to work
    BUG/5e: /day and /night do nothing
    BUG/5e: When NPC rolls a save from a spell being cast on it, save die appears to roll off the bottom of the screen on the client, but not host
    BUG/5e: When client rolls damage against NPC, dice appear to be stuck on top of the chat window for the host
    BUG/5e: When more than 1 dice of damage is indicated on a weapon, the chat windows still shows just 1 dice as the text string (e.g. 1d6+4 instead of 2d6+4)
    BUG/5e: Applied Critical and Max to a 2d6+5 weapon damage roll. Correctly showed 4 dice with 6 as the result, text read 1d6+1g6+5 instead of 2d6+2g6+5, the total shown came to 23 instead of 29. Damage applied was 29 (correct)

SUGGESTIONS
    SUGGESTION/5e: Options window does not have the ability to resize, would be useful (low priority)

OTHER
    OTHER/5e: Client response is very lagged. Host and Client are on same PC, network lag is bad. Public game.

Starfinders Ruleset Testing
    No Extensions loaded
    [8/15/2019 11:15:12 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:44 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:45 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:45 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:45 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:50 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (sheetlabel-white) in ruleset (SFRPG) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
    [8/15/2019 11:15:50 PM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF tag for asset (sheettext-white) in ruleset (SFRPG) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
    [8/15/2019 11:15:53 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file (SFRPG) (campaign/record_char_main.xml): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1275, position 42.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:53 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:53 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:53 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
    [8/15/2019 11:15:53 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    Last edited by deer_buster; August 16th, 2019 at 05:17.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

EDIT: Misunderstanding, mood lighting was meant ignore my post

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    BUG/5e: Lighting does not appear to work
    You can turn them on, there is some button on the right hand side in the editing mode (play mode, there is some "eye button")
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 16th, 2019 at 04:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    You can turn them on, there is some button on the right hand side in the editing mode (play mode, there is some "eye button")
    I'm referring to the mood lighting...not map lighting
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    I'm referring to the mood lighting...not map lighting
    Ah, sorry, was not thinking about "mood lighting"
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 16th, 2019 at 04:25.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mood Lighting
    Mood lighting is not implemented in FGU. Currently, we are not planning any implementation, though we may revisit after launch. Added to Known Differences thread.

Dice Issues
    I've filed tasks to investigate these:
    FGU-342 = [5E] NPC save roll appears to roll off bottom of screen on client
    FGU-343 = [5E] Client damage roll appears stuck on host
    FGU-344 = [5E] Weapon damage rolls of more than 1 die shows incorrect dice in chat dice expression

SFRPG
    SFRPG was not part of FGU update system, so I assume you copied over. If you are using the same data directory for both current FG and FGU, I suggest you change back to defaults to avoid issues. I've loaded a version of SFRPG into the FGU update system that does not get that XML error. You'll need to adjust data directory (if the same as FGC), then run a new FGU update, in order to get the latest version without that error.

Options Window Resize
    For options window resize, please add to wish list in my sig, since that is not FGU specific.

Laggy Performance on Cloud Server
    When running a cloud server, you will see lag between GM and player clients, because the communications is making round trip to remote server and back.
    However, we want to make sure it doesn't impact game play.
    If you want to test connected clients more, please try to document exact steps taken on both GM and client in order for us to track down items. We're mostly focused on local GM side and basic feature finalization at this point.

Some questions:
    What are your ping times to lobby.fantasygrounds.com?
    Can you try again with local server to see if you see similar lag?
    Was this before/after dice rolls?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    FGU-343 = [5E] Client damage roll appears stuck on host
    This also appears to happen on the client when the host rolls as well..

SFRPG
    SFRPG was not part of FGU update system, so I assume you copied over. If you are using the same data directory for both current FG and FGU, I suggest you change back to defaults to avoid issues. I've loaded a version of SFRPG into the FGU update system that does not get that XML error. You'll need to adjust data directory (if the same as FGC), then run a new FGU update, in order to get the latest version without that error.
    Yes, I copied it into my ruleset folder. The only change I had from a default install was I chose the D: drive and kept the paths the same. I think that the data directory defaults to the smiteworks/fantasy grounds folder under %appdata%, and I kept that the same.

Options Window Resize
    For options window resize, please add to wish list in my sig, since that is not FGU specific.
    Okay

Laggy Performance on Cloud Server
    When running a cloud server, you will see lag between GM and player clients, because the communications is making round trip to remote server and back.
    However, we want to make sure it doesn't impact game play.
    If you want to test connected clients more, please try to document exact steps taken on both GM and client in order for us to track down items. We're mostly focused on local GM side and basic feature finalization at this point.
    Okay, will try to remember to document exact steps in future.

Some questions:
    What are your ping times to lobby.fantasygrounds.com?
    Will check tonight and see

Can you try again with local server to see if you see similar lag?
    Will do

Was this before/after dice rolls?
    After dice rolls. Those were VERY VERY laggy if you had any quick rolls.
    aka Laendra

Can we no longer specify the user that we want to join the campaign as when we join the campaign, or am I just missing it?
    aka Laendra

BUG?/5e (LMoP): Added PCs to Cragmaw Castle, shared map, PCs were visible to client. Unshared map, reshared map, PCs were no longer visible no matter if I added or removed and re-added them.
    aka Laendra

BUG/5e: Rolling dice fairly quickly on locally hosted game. Still quite a bit of lag on results to client. Residual dice (d20 attack rolls) remain on client chat window. At some point a blank blurry window pops up on the host and disappears after a time.

To JPG's earlier question. Yes, it is still quite laggy to get the results on the client when rolling dice on locally hosted private game. I would have thought such a small message package would have to go across from host to client that it would be very fast. Doesn't appear to be network latency causing the issue (btw, I am on google fiber and running about 949Mbs up and down, so I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue anyway...)
    aka Laendra

Ping times to lobby: Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 17ms
    Tracert: 9 hops
    aka Laendra

Thread Information