DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG History problem

FG is not remembering two of my campaigns one half of the time each.

Specifically, I am in two campaigns run by the same GM. The history will only remember the most recently joined campaign -- the other one never shows up.

I suspect both having the same IP is confusing FG and they are over witting each other.

The history is more a GM connection history than a campaign joined history - so you'll see the name of the last campaign you joined for a specific GM name. The local data for the other campaigns aren't being overwritten and to join the current game running for that GM., select the history entry for that GM - it doesn't have to match the name of the campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The history is more a GM connection history than a campaign joined history - so you'll see the name of the last campaign you joined for a specific GM name. The local data for the other campaigns aren't being overwritten and to join the current game running for that GM., select the history entry for that GM - it doesn't have to match the name of the campaign.
    One of my friends is running into this problem as well as they are in both of my campaigns (5E & Starfinder). Does this mean they can still select the 5E campaign and it pull up the Starfinder one if that's what I'm running (and vice-versa)? If not will this be an option in the future to save campaigns specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by quirkygamer View Post
    One of my friends is running into this problem as well as they are in both of my campaigns (5E & Starfinder). Does this mean they can still select the 5E campaign and it pull up the Starfinder one if that's what I'm running (and vice-versa)? If not will this be an option in the future to save campaigns specifically?
    Yeah, I think this should work, I tried this once and it worked Because the connection is about the connecton to you and that data is the same, the name of the campaign is just a separate reminder but not used for the connection

Quote Originally Posted by quirkygamer View Post
    Does this mean they can still select the 5E campaign and it pull up the Starfinder one if that's what I'm running (and vice-versa)?
    Yes. You’re selecting the GM, not the campaign. You’ll connect to whatever campaign the GM currently has loaded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It just won't show that particular GM/campaign combo as Active, because the GM is running a different campaign name.

If you scroll through the lobby list to that GM name, and the GM game was public; you would see the GM/campaign combo name as Active.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information