Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
  1. #41
    The code hasn't been changed from the original codebase that it was before the update. So it's functioning as it would. This is a very old ruleset and may not have some of the newer features many rulesets currently have.

    On player characters it will not show defense and offense don't show the weapons.
    - Most rulesets don't populate attacks for the PCs as they are performed from the sheet. From the code it appears only the name, pp, wounds, hp, and init result. So Attacks and Defenses are not linked to the CT.

    For NPC it seems to work somewhat, on defense there is a row with numbers that don't make any sense.
    - Those are for hit locations if you are using the optional rule. From left to right:
    melee
    missile
    name
    armor pen
    calc (distribution of HP to location)
    hp in that location

    When you drag and drop damage it don't incorporate armor in the calculation and the hp for body parts don't update.
    - I will have to double check, but I don't believe the damage was setup automatically for hit location usage. I believe it was setup to be factored manually.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

    How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

    Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

    Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

    Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

    Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

  2. #42
    Stollesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sundsvall Sweden
    Posts
    32
    This is how it used to look and function before the upgrade to Core V3.0 in FG classic.

    ct-classic.JPG

    In this example I have drag and drop the damaged of 4 on the bandits left arm.
    The arm takes only 2 point of damage because he has 2 point of armor.

    The yellow dot after left leg marks how much damage it has taken.
    "Baseball isn't just a game, it's a metaphor for life. We dress alike, we follow the rules, we run in circles, there are winners and losers, and suddenly it,s over." Bizarro

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Stollesson View Post
    This is how it used to look and function before the upgrade to Core V3.0 in FG classic.

    ct-classic.JPG

    In this example I have drag and drop the damaged of 4 on the bandits left arm.
    The arm takes only 2 point of damage because he has 2 point of armor.

    The yellow dot after left leg marks how much damage it has taken.
    You are correct with the look, but with the original code base, I can't get it to fire the armor location with my testing. Would you mind setting up a time to work together on this to get the functionality the way you are seeing it?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

    How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

    Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

    Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

    Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

    Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

  4. #44
    Stollesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sundsvall Sweden
    Posts
    32
    I don't know hove much I can contribute, but we can always try.
    "Baseball isn't just a game, it's a metaphor for life. We dress alike, we follow the rules, we run in circles, there are winners and losers, and suddenly it,s over." Bizarro

  5. #45
    Pushed a fix this week that will allow calculation and tracking of hit location usage.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

    How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

    Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

    Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

    Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

    Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lidingö, Sweden, Europe
    Posts
    179

    Problems with the NPC sheet

    Hi I have a major problem with the NPC sheet.

    a) It does not look like it should according to the manual.
    b) When I open a collection of creatures (using the gamemaster module) and then drags a creature from NPC's to an encounter the resulting entry in the encounter cannot be edited. Nor does it randomly generates stats, in fact the NPC sheet doesn't look like it does in the manual.

    I have not worked with NPC for quite some time. For the last few months I have worked with building modules for new spells and equipment and now I was planning to build a module with new creatures. I think I tested the NPC form when the new CoreRPG based version of the BRP ruleset was tested and AFAIK it worked then. I have a few forks of the BRP ruleset back from 2010 but the all fail to open so I cannot reproduce the old form.

    I see when I read the console output closely that the frame (groupsheet) in control (abilitylist) in class (npc_main) fails to load, so that would seem to be the problem

    Some info plus images:
    1. The NPC sheet according to the BRP ruleset manual
    See attached image for how the NPC sheet should look like as documented in the manual (page 18-20). Also review the manual for how it should work.
    BRP_NPC_Manual.png

    2. The NPC sheet on FG Unity
    From the console log:
    Code:
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] FGU: v4.0.10 ULTIMATE (2021-02-04)
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB : 6052
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] UI SCALE: 1
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] USER: peterb
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.42.145:1802) (::1:1802)]
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Game server started. [192.168.42.145:1802]
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
      [Server Type - LAN]
    [3/17/2021 11:03:20 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 11.9692502 - Basic Roleplaying
    [3/17/2021 11:03:20 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.0009995 - 0
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 1.2363441 - 42
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.1089327
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0089944
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.1109317
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.2308576
    [3/17/2021 11:03:22 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 14.5121527
    [3/17/2021 11:03:23 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1488758 - Basic Magic
    [3/17/2021 11:03:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.6629214 - BRP Game System X
    [3/17/2021 11:03:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.2529906 - BRP Gamemaster Guide
    [3/17/2021 11:03:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1828878 - d100 Spells
    [3/17/2021 11:03:26 AM] RULESET: Basic Roleplaying: the Chaosium Roleplaying System (v2021-03-09)
    [3/17/2021 11:03:26 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-16) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [3/17/2021 11:03:26 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 3.7387064
    [3/17/2021 11:04:16 AM] [WARNING]  windowcontrol: Could not find frame (groupsheet) in control (abilitylist) in class (npc_main)
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] Reloading ruleset and data
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] Tabletop scene exiting.
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
      [Server Type - LAN]
    [3/17/2021 11:04:36 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 9.7156022 - Basic Roleplaying
    [3/17/2021 11:04:36 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0 - 0
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 1.1480567 - 42
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0879519
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0291423
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0909435
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.2090299
    [3/17/2021 11:04:38 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 11.903845
    [3/17/2021 11:04:39 AM] RULESET: Basic Roleplaying: the Chaosium Roleplaying System (v2021-03-09)
    [3/17/2021 11:04:39 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-16) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [3/17/2021 11:04:39 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.1279085
    See the attached image for how the NPC sheet looks like:
    BRP_NPC_FGU_20210317.png

    2. The NPC sheet on FG Classic
    a) The ruleset info:
    FGC_BRP_version.png
    b) how the NPC sheet looks like:
    BRP_NPC_FGC_20210317.png
    Last edited by peterb; March 17th, 2021 at 11:31.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lidingö, Sweden, Europe
    Posts
    179
    I managed to load a backup from 2017-03-22 of the BRP ruleset. This, pre-CoreRPG, version shows the NPC sheet as per the manual (as expected).

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hi I have a major problem with the NPC sheet.

    a) It does not look like it should according to the manual.
    b) When I open a collection of creatures (using the gamemaster module) and then drags a creature from NPC's to an encounter the resulting entry in the encounter cannot be edited. Nor does it randomly generates stats, in fact the NPC sheet doesn't look like it does in the manual.

    I have not worked with NPC for quite some time. For the last few months I have worked with building modules for new spells and equipment and now I was planning to build a module with new creatures. I think I tested the NPC form when the new CoreRPG based version of the BRP ruleset was tested and AFAIK it worked then. I have a few forks of the BRP ruleset back from 2010 but the all fail to open so I cannot reproduce the old form.

    I see when I read the console output closely that the frame (groupsheet) in control (abilitylist) in class (npc_main) fails to load, so that would seem to be the problem

    Some info plus images:
    1. The NPC sheet according to the BRP ruleset manual
    See attached image for how the NPC sheet should look like as documented in the manual (page 18-20). Also review the manual for how it should work.
    BRP_NPC_Manual.png

    2. The NPC sheet on FG Unity
    From the console log:
    Code:
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] FGU: v4.0.10 ULTIMATE (2021-02-04)
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB : 6052
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] UI SCALE: 1
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] USER: peterb
    [3/17/2021 11:03:03 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.42.145:1802) (::1:1802)]
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Game server started. [192.168.42.145:1802]
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [3/17/2021 11:03:08 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
      [Server Type - LAN]
    [3/17/2021 11:03:20 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 11.9692502 - Basic Roleplaying
    [3/17/2021 11:03:20 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.0009995 - 0
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 1.2363441 - 42
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.1089327
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0089944
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.1109317
    [3/17/2021 11:03:21 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.2308576
    [3/17/2021 11:03:22 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 14.5121527
    [3/17/2021 11:03:23 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1488758 - Basic Magic
    [3/17/2021 11:03:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.6629214 - BRP Game System X
    [3/17/2021 11:03:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.2529906 - BRP Gamemaster Guide
    [3/17/2021 11:03:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1828878 - d100 Spells
    [3/17/2021 11:03:26 AM] RULESET: Basic Roleplaying: the Chaosium Roleplaying System (v2021-03-09)
    [3/17/2021 11:03:26 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-16) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [3/17/2021 11:03:26 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 3.7387064
    [3/17/2021 11:04:16 AM] [WARNING]  windowcontrol: Could not find frame (groupsheet) in control (abilitylist) in class (npc_main)
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] Reloading ruleset and data
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] Tabletop scene exiting.
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [3/17/2021 11:04:26 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
      [Server Type - LAN]
    [3/17/2021 11:04:36 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 9.7156022 - Basic Roleplaying
    [3/17/2021 11:04:36 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0 - 0
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 1.1480567 - 42
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0879519
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0291423
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0909435
    [3/17/2021 11:04:37 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.2090299
    [3/17/2021 11:04:38 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 11.903845
    [3/17/2021 11:04:39 AM] RULESET: Basic Roleplaying: the Chaosium Roleplaying System (v2021-03-09)
    [3/17/2021 11:04:39 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-16) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [3/17/2021 11:04:39 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.1279085
    See the attached image for how the NPC sheet looks like:
    BRP_NPC_FGU_20210317.png

    2. The NPC sheet on FG Classic
    a) The ruleset info:
    FGC_BRP_version.png
    b) how the NPC sheet looks like:
    BRP_NPC_FGC_20210317.png
    What is the NPC sheet not able to do currently? You relaying that it doesn't look the same as the older version doesn't help me see what automation is missing. Since the upgrade to +3.0 some visuals were changed to get the code working with the newer features. So showing images of comparisons of what it looked prior won't help in this case.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

    How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

    Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

    Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

    Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

    Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lidingö, Sweden, Europe
    Posts
    179
    Hi superteddy57,

    I got a bit confused because there was some layout changes and news in the NPC sheet so I didn't recognize myself. In any case, I did some tests.

    1. Creating a new NPC from scratch.
    The first page (Main)
    The current sheet has a different layout and two new data items at the top "Size" and "Reach" which I really don't know what they are used for. Anyway, both versions behave in the same way. There is no difference.

    The second page (Combat)
    In the current version, the weapon table at the top has a new field on the first line that can be switched from M to R. I guess it stands for Melee and Ranged. The labels are not aligned with the columns. The rest of the page is the same in both versions, except that in the current version the final "s" in the label "Damage Bonus" overlaps the field. Also in the current version the labels in the hit location table are not aligned with the columns.

    The third and fourth page (Appearances and Notes)
    These pages are identical and also works the same way, even if the are some changes in the layout.

    2. Dropping a NPC from BRP Creatures onto the Combat Tracker
    I'm testing this by dropping two Bears from BRP Creatures on the Combat Tracker.

    The first page (Main).
    In the old, pre-CoreRPG version the stats of the bears are generated randomly and the randomized stats are printed in the chat window, but in the current version they are not. In the old version you can edit the stats by default, in the current version they are locked but they can easily be unlocked. In the current version there's a check box "RACE?" which when you unlock the sheet you can uncheck and the NPC sheet is transformed into a specific entry sheet.

    In the BRP ruleset manual, on page 18, the Race checkbox is explained:
    This is controlled by the Race? check box.
    If the entry is a racial template, then it will include the die rolls required to generate characteristics (such as STR: 3D6) whereas if it is for a specific creature or person, it will include the actual values (such as STR: 10). When a specific entry is dropped onto the combat tracker or the encounters list, it copies across as-is. When a racial template is dropped, the ruleset determines characteristics randomly from the die rolls and reports the outcome in the chat box.
    This functionality is missing from the current NPC sheet when a template is dropped onto the CT or an encounter. It would seem that the expected behavior is that on a drop from the NPC list a racial template is transformed into a specific entry and on the way its stats are randomly generated and the result is printed in the chat window. As far as I understand it there should be no racial templates in the CT or in an encounter. Also, an entry in CT or an encounter should not have a "RACE?" checkbox.

    The second page (Combat)
    The same observations as above in 1. is valid here too. The labels in the current version are neither aligned to the columns of the weapon table nor the hit location table. The Damage Bonus label overlaps the textbox in the current version.

    The third and fourth page (Appearances and Notes)
    These pages are identical and also works the same way, even if the are some changes in the layout.

    Finally, there's an error message (or warning rather) in the console log that I posted: "[WARNING] windowcontrol: Could not find frame (groupsheet) in control (abilitylist) in class (npc_main)", that might or might not have something to do with all this.

    Hope this helps,
    Peter

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hi superteddy57,

    I got a bit confused because there was some layout changes and news in the NPC sheet so I didn't recognize myself. In any case, I did some tests.

    1. Creating a new NPC from scratch.
    The first page (Main)
    The current sheet has a different layout and two new data items at the top "Size" and "Reach" which I really don't know what they are used for. Anyway, both versions behave in the same way. There is no difference.
    This is due to the update to 3.0. All NPCs in CoreRPG have these for interactions with the map. Space is what makes the size of the token larger or smaller and Reach is used for melee calculations. I don't believe Reach is piped in and can be ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The second page (Combat)
    In the current version, the weapon table at the top has a new field on the first line that can be switched from M to R. I guess it stands for Melee and Ranged. The labels are not aligned with the columns. The rest of the page is the same in both versions, except that in the current version the final "s" in the label "Damage Bonus" overlaps the field. Also in the current version the labels in the hit location table are not aligned with the columns.
    The new field is a new addition to fix hit location to roll correctly on the correct table. Before it would just roll on the melee table and never the missile. The alignment is incorrect as you pointed out and is on my list of clean up.

    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    2. Dropping a NPC from BRP Creatures onto the Combat Tracker
    I'm testing this by dropping two Bears from BRP Creatures on the Combat Tracker.
    The first page (Main).
    In the old, pre-CoreRPG version the stats of the bears are generated randomly and the randomized stats are printed in the chat window, but in the current version they are not. In the old version you can edit the stats by default, in the current version they are locked but they can easily be unlocked. In the current version there's a check box "RACE?" which when you unlock the sheet you can uncheck and the NPC sheet is transformed into a specific entry sheet.

    In the BRP ruleset manual, on page 18, the Race checkbox is explained:


    This functionality is missing from the current NPC sheet when a template is dropped onto the CT or an encounter. It would seem that the expected behavior is that on a drop from the NPC list a racial template is transformed into a specific entry and on the way its stats are randomly generated and the result is printed in the chat window. As far as I understand it there should be no racial templates in the CT or in an encounter. Also, an entry in CT or an encounter should not have a "RACE?" checkbox.

    The second page (Combat)
    The same observations as above in 1. is valid here too. The labels in the current version are neither aligned to the columns of the weapon table nor the hit location table. The Damage Bonus label overlaps the textbox in the current version.

    The third and fourth page (Appearances and Notes)
    These pages are identical and also works the same way, even if the are some changes in the layout.

    Finally, there's an error message (or warning rather) in the console log that I posted: "[WARNING] windowcontrol: Could not find frame (groupsheet) in control (abilitylist) in class (npc_main)", that might or might not have something to do with all this.

    Hope this helps,
    Peter
    This is what I was referring to about what automation is missing. The look of the sheet may look different, but if old automation is missing, then it needs to be addressed. The ruleset is quite old and the look may change with the updates that are performed to make it work with the latest version of the core code. I will add it to my list of things to investigate the random attributes and clean up the alignment.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

    How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

    Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

    Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

    Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

    Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FG Spreadshirt Swag

Log in

Log in