STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 30 First ... 122021222324 ... Last
    Another request, which may be very easy since it is already coded in the system.

For ITEMS, I can nicely filter the list to be displayed between the categories on the drop-down menu for items (i.e., armor, weapons, vehicles, artillery, and items).

Is it possible to do the same for POWERS so that I can filter the list between categories on the drop-down menu for powers (i.e., magic, psychic abilities, mutations, sorcery, and superpowers)? There are a lot of powers in BRP and being able to sort them would help immensely.

Regards,

Devin

That is a quick add and will be in with the next update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

From the Basic Roleplaying For Fantasy Grounds II - Gamemaster's Guide, page 22:

COMBAT TRACKER:

"Defenses

The defense panel shows either the type of armor worn (such as '1-point leather jacket') if hit
    locations are disabled, or it shows the hit location list, with the hit chance, name, armor points and
    current hit points. It also shows a health indicator, which varies from gray (healthy) through yellow,
    orange and red to black (severed/destroyed).

Dragging damage results to a HP field will deduct that damage from the current HP for that location,
    after allowing for the armor protection. You can also edit the HP manually using the keyboard or
    mouse wheel.

If you want to roll to determine a hit location randomly, double-click any of the hit chance fields. If
    you double-click a missile hit chance it will roll for missile locations, otherwise it will roll for standard
    (melee) locations. The missile field is only visible if the particular PC/NPC has missile hit locations
    defined."

(I tried to attach an image but for some reason this post won't let me, but its in page 22 of the manual)

This does not work in the current version. It just shows a blank box with no locations, AP or HP in it. Any easy way to restore that functionality?

Similarly, the attack panel for PCs is supposed to show MOV and DMG BONUS but for now these two fields are blank and not picking up those two items from the character sheet.

Regards,

Devin
    Last edited by devinlc; January 22nd, 2024 at 21:04. Reason: Update

There is no option at this time. I will have to see the best way to accomplish this. That manual is grossly out of date with the changes I have made. I will look into a solution for the direct drops to hit locations.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

I was able to find a way for the NPCs to have this, but the PCs will require more thought. So the drag and drop will work for directed hit locations with the next update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thanks!

I'm trying to not add any other comments for a while so as not to completely overwhelm you, but this one below is really making my campaign setup difficult, so I thought I'd see if it is an easy fix:

(For some reason, the forums suddenly won't let me insert images or attachments, not sure why, so I will have to describe this with words only).

When setting up a new NPC, if I go to the COMBAT tab there is a space to enter armor. (the ARMOR field). At the bottom of the same tab is the NPC's HIT LOCATION chart. The AP field from the HIT LOCATION chart picks up the first numerical value you enter into the ARMOR field above. So far, so good.

However, a great many creatures and NPCs wear or have different AP per location. For example, an orc might wear chain on his chest and abdomen and leather on his arms and legs. I can go to the HIT LOCATION area and manually change the AP field to the number I want, which is also great. However, that change doesn't survive closing and opening up that NPC. It reverts back to the numerical value in the ARMOR field above.

Is there an easy way to make a manual entry stick? That's really all I need is that ability. Or, can the AP field be made entirely manual and not automatically pull from the ARMOR field above? I don't mind entering the AP for each hit location manually...I just don't want to be overwritten.

Regards,

Devin

That is something I would have to look over as well. That code really hasn't changed from it's inception and I need to see how best to make that work right. The code basically parses the armor and uses the first armor value. So till I can break that cycle and use the value chosen or parsing multiple locations, it will revert to the first armor value. So for now I'm not sure I can provide you with a work around till I have had a chance to look it oer.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    That is something I would have to look over as well. That code really hasn't changed from it's inception and I need to see how best to make that work right. The code basically parses the armor and uses the first armor value. So till I can break that cycle and use the value chosen or parsing multiple locations, it will revert to the first armor value. So for now I'm not sure I can provide you with a work around till I have had a chance to look it oer.
    OK. Thanks.

As I mentioned, I would be fine with just removing the overall armor value entirely and making hit location AP manual entry only when a user is using hit locations. Looking forward to whatever you decide is best.

Regards,

Devin

The issue with that is the built in NPCs would have to have their AP values updated by hand. Since it relied on the auto parsing of the armor line. It's more of a bandwidth situation coupled with 'what is the best approach' type deal. Just might take some time to come up with a solution is what I am relaying.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I went ahead and removed the automatic parsing of the armor field. Manual updating of hit locations will need to be performed in the future. This now doesn't override the AP in NPC hit locations.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information