DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 29 First ... 19272829

OK! Great, thanks!

Double Post. Sorry.
    Last edited by devinlc; April 7th, 2024 at 18:16.

Hello. I think I spotted an issue.

If a PC has a negative damage modifier, then for missile weapons where it is supposed to use the full negative modifier, it uses TWICE the full negative modifier.

For example, normally, missile weapons with a damage modifier applicable use 1/2 of the dm. So, a +1D4 dm becomes a +1D2. And that works fine for positive dms.

When such a weapon is used by someone with a negative dm, it is supposed to apply the full negative dm, so a -1D4 dm stays a -1D4 dm.

The rules text:

"Missile weapons don’t allow a character to use their full damage modifier. If your character’s damage modifier is positive, divide the results in half (round up) when using a thrown weapon or a bow. If the damage modifier is negative, keep the modifier as is."

But, if I put in a PC with a negative dm, such as a STR of 8 and SIZ of 6, the dm shows as 1m4 (which I assume means -1D4) however, when I double click on a missile weapon's damage, it rolls -2D4.

I imagine the code is trying to double the normally halved dm but somewhere else it has already done that, so it is now doing it twice...just a guess on my part.

Now, there is a workaround...just unclick the db bubble for that weapon on the Main Page and manually type the -1D4 into the damage line. But would be nice if this could be easily fixed.

Regards,

Devin

I'll look it over on Monday
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I haven't noticed this. The code explicitly states that the damage should be -2d4. See campaign/record_char_main.xml, getWeaponDamageRollStructures(nodeWeapon).

Code:
    if sDamageDice ~= "" then
         sDBDice = DiceManager.convertDiceToString(sDamageDice);

if sDBDice:match("d6") then
              sDBDice = "d3";
           elseif sDBDice:match("d4") then
              sDBDice = "d2";
           elseif sDBDice:match("m4") then
             sDBDice = "2m4";
           elseif sDBDice:match("m6") then
             sDBDice = "2m6";
    end
    The code in campaign/record_npc.xml, getWeaponDamageRollStructures(nodeWeapon) also needs to be edited.
    Last edited by peterb; April 8th, 2024 at 12:24.

I pushed a fix for this report
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I pushed a fix for this report
    Thank you!

I believe I found a bug:

Create a new campaign then a new character and set "Use Power Points" option on "On". Put a score in DEX (like 15, for example).
    After a reboot, Dodge, Throw and Fly skills are granted a +5% bonus.

And they appear in the POWER tab.

EDIT: in fact, these skills win a free bonus equal to DEX - 10 (with DEX 18, they are +8%, for example).

Pushed a fix for it not updating with the skill totals, but the cause of the additional bonus is due to the the category bonus. Ensure that this has been turned off to not receive it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information