Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Strange connection issue

Hello

We have been playing several.nights a week using Unity without problems since March but suddenly lasy night we hit a very odd connection issue.

We are in England: players in my town could no longer connect but players in other towns could. So we had 2 players get straight in, but the other three just kept getting Attempting to Resolve forever

Tonight I tried to join one of those who could not get in game. I had played in Phil's game before and connected with no issues: tonight i couldn't but the players who could not get in to my game last night could not get in to Phils.

This makes no sense: we experimented and found we are now in two groups who can no longer connect. Both Phil.and I have Ultimate licences, Lloyd has a paid account and the others are free so that does not seem to be the issue.

Phil and i have both rebooted our routers, pcs and tried to check Windows Firewall and that connection is private. I can not find a connection test button but i did take a log last night in case useful.

I am hoping the odd nature of the problem will.indicate what is wrong. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    CJ x

Blog Entries
    Unity or Classic?

If you have everyone do a tracert / trace route to the GM IP and compare the last hops you might find there is an issue routing from ISP A to ISP B at the moment. You can raise it with your ISP but good luck finding someone who understands...
    You might look at the Port Forward Alternatives until it is resolved.

Unity. Thank you! Curiously it appears that we are all on VirginMedia here, in both groups. Not sure about the out of town chaps... I will try that!

Thanks
    CJ x

Cloud connection. Odd thing is Monday we played Traveller with same people: i did not use PC except to update Fantasy Grounds but then Friday suddenly an issue. I have looked at Firewall settings but i can't see how they would stop some but not all connecting. Anyway everyone is asleep but me as gone 1am in morning but having spent so much on FGU I am going to persevere

Oh phillipjenkins the chap in the other group i was trying to connect to also posted with logs here i just saw!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post523914

Blog Entries
    [7/5/2020 12:25:32 AM] Authorization failed: The host has protected the session with a password. Please retry with correct password.
    [7/5/2020 12:25:38 AM] Resolving named connection to server. [CJR]
    [7/5/2020 12:25:39 AM] Attempting resolved connection to server. [64.227.48.49:62113]

Try removing the password on your session as a test.

Yep we both tried that. Just sticks at attempting to resolve. Yet i was able to get as far as acquiring files and could have logged in had i not cancelled on the first open game available on the server, though not the next two. Would setting up.port forwarding make a difference? Happy to try!

Blog Entries
    If you CAN port forward you are more likely to have a simpler setup.
    Youw ould port forward UDP1802 to the GM computer and then the players would use the GMs public ip address.

So head in to my router settings and set that? I can only issue is while that will make it easier to connect to me it does not explain why i can not connect to Phil? I am due to GM two sessions of More Core Ars Magica today with ten different players so will try most things at this point

Thread Information