DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 21 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    v1.09

• Fixed an issue where players were able to end other people's turns via their Combat Tracker end turn button.
    • Fixed an issue where the player Combat Tracker wasn't respecting the "Show Turn Order" toggleable option.
    • Added an option named "Should Radiant/Necrotic damage hurt armor (if using armor damage?)" for whether or not armor should take/soak damage from radiant/necrotic damage types. Defaults to no.
    • Added an option named "Hide Enemies From Player CT?" that hides all enemies from the player's Combat Tracker

Known Issues
    Discovered an issue that's been present a long time, where if you are using armor damage and have multiple damage sources coming in at once, it isn't handled correctly. For instance, I discovered this because I had a player hit a monster with a warhammer for bludgeoning damage, but they also had an effect that added 2d6 radiant damage. The monster had armor on, and what was happening is that it was soaking 3 dice of damage twice. Basically it's looping over each damage type and applying the full armor, which is incorrect. Requires a fairly significant rewrite of that handling though so it won't be fixed until the next push.
    Last edited by Sterno; December 1st, 2021 at 16:22.

The latest update to CoreRPG broke this extension. Highly recommend you disable it until I get a fix up in the next couple days.

I've pushed an emergency fix that that was breaking all attacks rolls (the CoreRPG code for ModifierStack changed), but there are probably other issues that will require testing and investigation. In the meantime, please report any you see.

As a reminder, if you ever see a console message where it has "_po" in the file name, that's coming from my extension.

Edit: Due to improper planning ahead for this CoreRPG update on my part, my fix also pushed some incomplete Morale-checking code I was working on. So if you see an ugly button next to the "End Turn" button or some text strings up near the hit point display in the CT, that's why. It's a work in progress that I didn't meant to release yet.
    Last edited by Sterno; December 17th, 2021 at 18:05.

v1.12

• Fixed a problem where attack rolls were broken after the CoreRPG update.
    • Fixed a problem where initiative rolls were broken (if using Hackmaster initiative) after the CoreRPG update
    • Added an option under the Additional Automation section called "Treat Death's Door Healing Same As Normal Healing?". In the base 2E ruleset, if you are below 0 HP and are healed, you are set to 1 HP, regardless of the amount healed. When this option is enabled, instead of that default behavior, you simply get a normal heal applied to your negative hit point value. If that is a small amount, maybe you'll still be in the negatives. If it's a huge amount, you can be healed above 1 HP.
    • Unfinished Morale Tracker - see below

Note: I still haven't been able to fully test the extension to see if anything else is broken after the CoreRPG updates a few days ago. There may still be other issues with this extension. Please report any issues you have.

Also, I was in the middle of working on a Morale Tracker when the CoreRPG updates hit, and I didn't plan ahead well enough to keep that work in a separate branch of code. Since it's critical to get some of the problems caused by the CoreRPG update fixed or the extension is unusuable, I'm pushing out this code that has a half-finished Morale Tracker with a terrible-looking UI. Unlike most features I release, right now I don't have a way to turn it off (though that will be coming), thought it doesn't really do anything that affects things other than clog up your Combat Tracker UI a bit.

Just to give an overview of what to expect with it in it's current state, you'll see an ugly icon of a hand holding a flag down near the "Next Turn" button on the GM Combat Tracker. Clicking this makes a morale check for all NPCs. For each NPC, it does the following:

1) Determine if the NPC needs to check morale. Currently, this is true if the NPC is <= 75% HP remaining, or if they're fatigued (if using Hackmaster fatigue rules). You can also force the check by holding ALT, SHIFT, or CONTROL (but not all 3 at once) while clicking the button to check morale.
    2) If they need a check, it determines their morale rating. It reads this from their NPC record.
    2a). If it can't find one (such as if the Morale line on their record is empty, or has something that can't be parsed as a number), it will say "Unknown" in the end results and not actually roll a check for them.
    2b). If their morale was something with a range, like "Average (13-15)", it'll try to take the average of that range. In this case, 14.
    3) Once it knows the monster needs a check and has a morale score, it rolls 2d10 and applies modifiers.
    3a) If a creature is lawful, it gets a -1 bonus to it's morale check. If it is a chaotic, it gets a -1 penalty. This is per the 2E rules, but I will probably remove this modifier since it seems like this would already be factored in to their morale score on their NPC sheet. But right now, it's there.
    3b) If they're <= 50% health remaining, they get a +4 penalty to the roll. If it's only <= 75%, it's a +2 penalty.
    3c) If they're fatigued (if using Hackmaster fatigue rules), they get a +1 penalty for every level of fatigue they have (I might tweak this number in the future).
    4) Now that we've rolled, we check the generate a result. This appears both in the chat window (to the GM only) and in the monster's CT entry to the right of where it shows their wounds. Also, note that currently, a morale check will never result in them getting "less scared". If they've failed a morale check, any subsequent checks will return a result at least as bad (basically, the worse of the two).

So here are the results they can have:

Unknown - Usually means we couldn't read a morale score for the monster and thus couldn't roll. Will show up as "Battle Ready!" on the CT for the monster.
    Did not require check - They didn't meet the criteria in step 1 above to need a morale check. Will show up as "Battle Ready!" on the CT for the monster.
    Success - The monster succeeded in its morale check.
    Fighting Retreat - The monster failed its morale check by 1-3.
    Disengage-Retreat - The monster failed its morale check by 4-6.
    Flee in Panic - The monster failed its morale check by 7-9.
    Surrender - The monster failed its morale check by 10+.

I say this is half finished because I'm working on a nicer UI interface for it that lets you set "global" morale modifiers, some automated, some not, like "50% of friends killed", "leader killed", "facing overwhelming odds", etc. Plus, it's ugly. Plus, I still need to play around with some of the individual modifiers, like for example probably removing the lawful/chaotic check.

Also, morale SHOULD reset when you "end encounter", but I haven't really tested that much. You can definitely reset every enemy's morale by holding ALT, SHIFT, and CONTROL at the same time while clicking the morale flag icon.

You can also use it from the chat command line.

Typing "/morale" has the same effect as clicking the morale flag button on the CT. It determines if a morale check is needed for an NPC and rolls it if so.
    Typing "/morale force" has the same effect as holding ALT, SHIFT, or CONTROL while clicking on the morale CT button. It forces all NPCs to roll a check regardless of if it thinks they need one.
    Typing "/morale reset" has the same effect as holding ALT, SHIFT, and CONTROL while clicking on the morale CT button. It resets all NPC morale back to "Battle Ready!"

Known issues:

- The "Battle Ready!" text shows up on the CT next to PCs.
    - It's ugly.
    Last edited by Sterno; January 25th, 2022 at 17:47.

v1.12 part 2 (I forgot to update the version number before I sent it to Forge... otherwise this would be 1.13)

• Removed the "Battle Ready!" text from PCs in the CT. Didn't really do anything else with morale yet. Didn't even hide it since it's unfinished. Sorry, been busy!
    • Added "Too Much Honor" to honor category display text (if using the Hackmaster honor option)
    • Made Threshold of Pain make you Prone and Stunned instead of just Stunned (if using the Hackmaster Threshold of Pain option)
    • Set default init to 99 instead of 0 when using "End Encounter" on the CT, but only if using the Hackmaster Initiative option.
    • Removed "flicker" from the torch effect lighting that you can add to CT actors via the radial menu. The flicker effect was causing a lot of performance issues for some players in my game. Might add it back in as an option if anyone here actually uses that and misses it.
    • Fixed a typo in the Hackmaster crit tables that would sometimes cause an exception for a very small number of critical hits.
    • Added radial menu multi-attack support (both for rate of fire and for sequenced natural attacks) for 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 attacks. It previously only went to up 5. This is only an option if using Hackmaster initiative.
    • Added the ability, when deleting an actor from the CT via the "delete" radial menu option, to "Confirm and Add XP", which deletes the actor from the CT as usual, but also adds their XP value to the Encounters section of the party sheet. It behaves a little differently than the vanilla ruleset would if you drag the NPC directly to the party sheet, because it doesn't add their inventory items or add XP awards for those (because that is absolutely not the behavior I want in my own game). If someone really needs that, I can add a toggleable option for it. Just let me know.

Last edited by Sterno; January 25th, 2022 at 22:18.

Stuff I forgot to say I added

Apparently somewhere between 1.09 and the lastest version I added some chat commands that I forgot to post about. Here they are:

• Added a "/detectmagic [#markItemsAsMagical (0 or 1)] [#dmonly (0 or 1)]" chat command which will scan the players' inventories as well as anything in the party sheet. How it behaves depends on the parameters you pass it. If you pass a 1 in for markItemsAsMagical, it will put the the text "[Magic]" before the item name (if the word magic didn't already appear somewhere in the name). If you pass a 1 in for the dmonly flag, the chat output will only be visible to the DM (but items marked with "[Magic]" will still be visible by anyone who has access to them. So, for example, "/detectmagic 1 0" would list every magical item in chat for players to see, as well as renaming the items to have "[Magic]" in front of their name... for instance, a "shortsword" that is magic would be renamed to "[Magic] shortsword".
    • Added a "/hmxp [#hd] [#special] [#exceptional] [#maxhp]" chat command. All it does is calculate the XP of a monster based on the Hackmaster charts for number of hit dice, number of special abilities, number of exceptional abilities, and hp value and spit that number out to text. I use this sometimes when trying to set the XP value of an NPC that I'm creating for a module..

Hi, I am looking at Fantasy Grounds Unity for solo play. Was wondering if it is necessary to buy the Dungeon Master book, the Players Handbook etc from Steam since I already have them. Does it seem like the versions bought there are actually computer programs that add to Fantasy Grounds Unity to give the game all the rules or is it playable without them?

The books are collections of game content. You could build every PC class yourself; every race; every spell; every magic item; but time is much more valuable

There are OSR mods with such content at no charge. If you want TSR AD&D content, Smiteworks makes it available at a reasonable price.

But as said, since you already have the books you can instead refer to them while manually building it all yourself - you’re not really buying the content, you’re buying the time it saves.

Blog Entries
    Time is infinitely more valuable than money IMO. The DLC is usually well worth it, especially for items that give you core content (PHB, MM, DMG, etc...).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I'm having difficulty with the C&T initiative, for some reason, one of the party member's base speeds is "average" when they are medium size and the small party member's base speed is only "fast". I've also had one character go BEFORE NPCs when they've won initiative even though they both had "fast". The person who is set to Average (despite being medium and having a very fast weapon also has Initiative on the weapon fail to roll when they attack with it.
    Last edited by TheButterdragon; February 20th, 2022 at 02:15.

That sounds like a lot of issues. Glancing at the code, I can't see why a medium creature would have a base speed of average rather than fast. Even if it weren't able to find the size (such as someone leaving it blank on their character sheet), it should default to Medium size, which should be a base init of Fast. I also haven't personally used this option in over a year and a half, so it is entirely possible a bug crept in at some point that wasn't noticed until now.

If you zip me up your campaign and either attach it here or send it to me in Discord (Sterno#8208), I'll take a look. If you do that, please give me the names of the characters you've described above so I can better debug it.

Another option if you don't want to zip up your campaign is that you can turn on the "Show Debug Messages?" option (either set to to "chat" or "console", depending on where you want to view it) and it should spit out some extra messages when determining initiative that might help us track the issue down. Might help us narrow down at least where something is going wrong.

Thread Information