DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 21 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    We're probably both overwriting the same code, causing the conflict. Given that I'm not using Fantasy Grounds anymore, I'm unlikely to take the time to figure out how to solve the conflict with that extension. If anyone else wants to figure it out I'm happy to incorporate the change though.

Edit: I take it back, I've wrapped the code in something that I hope will keep the conflict from causing an error. A new build should be up soon. I just put out version 1.21 with that minor change. Let me know how it goes.
    Your fix seems to have worked. Thank you *very* much, Sterno!

FYI, players agency has known conflicts with the 2E ruleset overall. So while this issue might be fixed, it wouldn’t be surprising to continue to run into them over time.

Blog Entries
    Per the Hackmaster rules that the armor damage comes from, it should take damage from Fireballs.

It shouldn't take damage from magic missile, but I didn't have a good way to code that since it SHOULD take damage from most other types of Force damage.

There is an option in the settings for whether or not you want it to soak Necrotic and Radiant damages, but those are the only damage types that can be toggled off. It already automatically ignores psychic and poison damage.

I could potentially add an option that turns off armor soak for everything but bludgeoning/piercing/slashing.
    I can stomach armor taking damage from fireball, ice storm, lightning bolt etc... but for some reason magic missile is the one that I see the most and it conceptually doesn't fit like the rest do for me for some reason. Perhaps I am the only one with this OCD challenge; no worries Sterno but thank you for responding.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    FYI, players agency has known conflicts with the 2E ruleset overall. So while this issue might be fixed, it wouldn’t be surprising to continue to run into them over time.
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I can stomach armor taking damage from fireball, ice storm, lightning bolt etc... but for some reason magic missile is the one that I see the most and it conceptually doesn't fit like the rest do for me for some reason. Perhaps I am the only one with this OCD challenge; no worries Sterno but thank you for responding.
    I originally had it ignoring "force" damage completely because of the Magic Missile issue but I ran into some other spells (maybe some of the Bigby's spells? I can't remember) where armor seemed like it should apply, so it became more about "armor shouldn't work for magic missile" rather than "armor shouldn't work for all force damage", and unfortunately, I can really only code it to a damage type rather than a specific spell.

I could add a toggle for Force damage the same way I have it for Radiant/Necrotic though.

Alternately, as a hack, change the type of damage on Magic Missile to "psychic" and it won't get soaked (and I'm guessing unlikely to trigger any player immunities either, since I don't think there are too many items out there that reduce or give immunity to psychic damage.)

Blog Entries
    I originally had it ignoring "force" damage completely because of the Magic Missile issue but I ran into some other spells (maybe some of the Bigby's spells? I can't remember) where armor seemed like it should apply, so it became more about "armor shouldn't work for magic missile" rather than "armor shouldn't work for all force damage", and unfortunately, I can really only code it to a damage type rather than a specific spell.

I could add a toggle for Force damage the same way I have it for Radiant/Necrotic though.

Alternately, as a hack, change the type of damage on Magic Missile to "psychic" and it won't get soaked (and I'm guessing unlikely to trigger any player immunities either, since I don't think there are too many items out there that reduce or give immunity to psychic damage.)
    Oh yes I think the "Psychic" change should work nicely... thanks for the suggestion.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

At some point, the underlying code in CoreRPG changed around how I determined if someone was an NPC or not, breaking AC for PCs unless the "Adjust NPC AC for items and abilities" was on. That has now been fixed and pushed.

I forgot to update the extension version # on the extension before I pushed it to Forge, so it'll still say version 1.21.

Looks like a new series of bugs...

Running into the following errors without any other extensions loaded in a fresh campaign

[10/20/2022 12:25:57 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 9.1363114 - 2E
    [10/20/2022 12:25:57 AM] [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (button_charinitdelay), skipped. [2ePlayerOption] [campaign/template_po.xml]
    [10/20/2022 12:25:57 AM] [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (button_charinit), skipped. [2ePlayerOption] [campaign/template_char.xml]
    [10/20/2022 12:25:57 AM] [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (button_charinitdelay), skipped. [2ePlayerOption] [campaign/template_char.xml]
    [10/20/2022 12:25:57 AM] [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (number_actions_init), skipped. [2ePlayerOption] [campaign/template_char_adnd.xml]
    [10/20/2022 12:25:57 AM] [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (actions_attack), skipped. [2ePlayerOption] [campaign/template_char_adnd.xml]
    [10/20/2022 12:25:57 AM] [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (list_ctbox_client), skipped. [2ePlayerOption] [ct/template_ct.xml]

This is from a fresh campaign with no other extensions loaded.

Scoot

From those error messages, it sounds like the underlying UI code in either the 2E ruleset or CoreRPG that I place some UI elements on top of changed significantly.

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look and see if I can get it fixed soon.
    Last edited by Sterno; October 20th, 2022 at 15:20.

Version 1.22

Fixed some syntax issues with template code that seems to have changed and caused them to start erroring.

Thread Information