FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 21 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    The 2E ruleset is free and my extension that sits on top of it for Hackmaster is free, so you don't need to buy anything to try it out, assuming you already own Fantasy Grounds.

This got pretty close for my purposes. It has the correct stat modifiers, hit point kickers, critical hits, initiative, threshold of pain, honor modifiers to dice rolls, armor damage, penetration dice, etc. Fatigue is close but not quite matching RAW.

Thank you for the reply. I was under the impression it required the PHB at the minimum to use. Seeing that it doesn't I have taken a look. I want to say thank you for making this. Going to see about setting up my HM4e game sometime in the near future.
    FGU - Ultimate Edition license holder
    FGC - Ultimate Edition license holder

Likes to make games. Likes to play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzach View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I was under the impression it required the PHB at the minimum to use. Seeing that it doesn't I have taken a look. I want to say thank you for making this. Going to see about setting up my HM4e game sometime in the near future.
    It doesn't require the 2E PHB (which is pretty close to Hackmaster), but you'd have to add classes/spells/etc yourself without it. If you want true Hackmaster 4E data, you'll have to do what I did and create the classses/spells/weapons/etc yourself (or as I did, start with the 2E PHB and modify it as appropriate). Unfortunately, there's no true "Hackmaster 4E" PHB type book for Fantasy Grounds because there is no existing license under which that can be sold or even freely shared.

Another option though, is to use the free OSRIC content which will give you OSRIC classes/weapons/monsters, and then modify those as desired. I created a version of that here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/79/view

However, there's also what I understand to be an even fuller "more 1e authentic" version of that data available here (also free): https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/cra...5/view-profile
    It's in a bunch of different modules and I haven't used it myself so someone else would have to chime in with which ones might be most salient to you.

Hit Point Kickers don't seem to be working. I have tried both the 20 hit point kicker and the Size-based kickers, and no change occurs to hit points when adding these to the combat tracker.

* The test npcs all are using random hd (e.g. 4d8+1)
    * I am using my clean testing campaign to prevent issues with other extensions.
    * None of the npcs have a specific value in their hit point box (default 0).
    * I reloaded the campaign after enabling the option just to make sure.
    * I attempted with both the default sizes for 2e (e.g. M, L) and with the default 5e values (e.g. Medium, Large) and no changes occurred.
    * I am not getting any error, I am just seeing no change in the expected HP values for npcs in the CT.

As per usual, this is probably an oversight on my end for an obvious solution, but I do try to be thorough before I bug anyone.

Edit: Unrelated question: Is it possible to change the damage soak to operate from the total damage rolled rather than per die?
    Last edited by Tenebris; November 22nd, 2022 at 14:33.

They definitely used to work, and the steps you tried to make them work all sounds like things that should have been fine. I'll have to redownload Fantasy Grounds and see if any recent changes in underlying ruleset code caused the kicker code to not execute anymore.

Yup, thanks for the report. Looks like about a month ago the 2E "rollNPCHitPoints" method was moved from manager_combat_adnd.lua, where I was hooking into it, to manager_combat_record_adnd.lua.

As such, my override was no longer getting called. I should be able to fix it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Yup, thanks for the report. Looks like about a month ago the 2E "rollNPCHitPoints" method was moved from manager_combat_adnd.lua, where I was hooking into it, to manager_combat_record_adnd.lua.

As such, my override was no longer getting called. I should be able to fix it tonight.
    That would be amazing. I really appreciate the effort. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    That would be amazing. I really appreciate the effort. Thank you.
    I started fixing it and it might take a little longer. I'm seeing half a dozen other methods in CombatManagerADND that were renamed or moved (likely causing a host of other problems in the extension), so I need to sit down and go through the code and figure out what still exists and what doesn't. Some sections seem entirely rewritten too, so just injecting my code won't work. Most of the other problems appear to be around adding NPCs to the combat tracker.
    Last edited by Sterno; November 22nd, 2022 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    I started fixing it and it might take a little longer. I'm seeing half a dozen other methods in CombatManagerADND that were renamed or moved (likely causing a host of other problems in the extension), so I need to sit down and go through the code and figure out what still exists and what doesn't. Some sections seem entirely rewritten too, so just injecting my code won't work. Most of the other problems appear to be around adding NPCs to the combat tracker.
    I am just relieved there is a reason and I am not crazy. Please don't feel rushed on my account.

v1.24

- Fixed some instances of the extension trying to override code that had been moved/refactored in the 2E ruleset, causing it not to work correctly. Affected whether or not HP kickers worked, among other things. Honestly had potentially some pretty far reaching effects and there could still be seemingly-random issues related to this.

Thread Information