FG Spreadshirt Swag

Bizare behavior with added professions in RMC in FGU

I debated where to post this, but since I figured it would end up coming back to Dakadin, I thought I would post it here. Feel free to move this if you think it is better in the FGU sub.

I have a module I created with new professions in it (using the old Rolemaster Companion I as the starting point).

When I first started testing the module out, I only had the one profession (Paladin). It all looked fine. It was only after I added the second profession that the issue started happening.

When I added the second profession to the module, then I load Character Law and RMC I modules, then create a new character. Drag/drop the second profession to the Character sheet (selecting the profession from the drop down has the same behavior). From there, when I go to Character Skills Tab>Skill Dev>Add all Primary, it adds Adrenal Defense twice, one without any cost associated with it.

Brand new campaign, a new character, and I don't use any extensions.

This is pretty consistent. I created a different module (with different professions), and it had the same behavior. Always with the second profession added (never the first, Paladin in the case of RMC I), and it is always Adrenal Defense that exhibits the behavior. It only happens in FGU, FGC works as expected.

I haven't had a chance to add a third profession yet. I can give that a try to see what happens there.

However, strangely enough, if I unload the Character Law module, it does not happen. It seems to only be with both Character Law and the Rolemaster Companion I module loaded (or the other one I created to see if I could work around it).

Here is a screen shot with just RMC I loaded.

Below is the RMC I module I have been working with.

Let me know if you need more information.

Rolemaster Companion I.mod

I will look into it and let you know what I find.

Hi Sulimo,

Can you try removing the common.xml from the module and see if the issue still occurs? You should only need the client.xml.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Hi Sulimo,

Removing common.xml won't fix your issue but will reduce the module size. To fix the issue change the "Adrenal Defence" skill in your module to "Adrenal Defense". It seem like FGC seems them as the same while FGU sees them as being different so when adding all primary skills it gives you both and you don't have a cost listed for "Adrenal Defense" for your professions so it shows as blank. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Sulimo,

Removing common.xml won't fix your issue but will reduce the module size. To fix the issue change the "Adrenal Defence" skill in your module to "Adrenal Defense". It seem like FGC seems them as the same while FGU sees them as being different so when adding all primary skills it gives you both and you don't have a cost listed for "Adrenal Defense" for your professions so it shows as blank. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Bah, figures I would have a stupid spelling mistake there.

No worries. It happens to us all.

Thread Information