STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    My bad. its all in settings

Quote Originally Posted by Phocaea View Post
    Beginner question here. The BRP doesnt seem to have hit locations built in. Is that a problem with chartacter sheets buit on it?
    Hit locations are built into the BRP ruleset though I would point out a limitation that damage goes straight to the main hitpoint pool, isnt reduced by the armor points on a hit location and isnt applied to the limb hit. It's something i'm looking at automating in my extension.

Quote Originally Posted by smokebadger View Post
    Been checking this out , when you roll on the weapon % on the main part of the character sheet it always says fail no matter what the outcome
    Superteddy57 fixed the attack skill issue in the main tab of the character sheet

It was a slight issue with the implemented difficulty buttons on the desktop. The attack issue should be fixed and working as intended.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Azaran and superteddy57: thank you both. Really enjoying testing them out (I stumped up for BRP: its amazing Chaosium ignored it for so long; its incredibly versatile)

When I was upgrading M&M and BRP, both systems started to grow on me. Very streamlined and many possibilities. We are still looking for a dev to continue pushing the product forward and expand on the upgrade. So if your passionate about the ruleset and like to expand the ruleset, don't shy and PM me for details.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    When I was upgrading M&M and BRP, both systems started to grow on me. Very streamlined and many possibilities. We are still looking for a dev to continue pushing the product forward and expand on the upgrade. So if your passionate about the ruleset and like to expand the ruleset, don't shy and PM me for details.
    You know, I’d love to. But to be perfectly upfront I don’t have the skills.

Maybe in six months I’ll have a different response. My (late) dad did mainframe programming in the 60s and 70s. I doubt it’s an inheritable skill but live in hope 😊

If anyone is interested in developing a full implementation, or even working on a BRP extension and wants to talk to Chaosium I am in in daily contact with Michael, Jeff and Mike (I moderate the Call of Cthulhu Facebook group). Usually if you ask nicely they are delighted to help, and given we all want to promote online play right now I am fairly certain they would be very happy to help anyway then can! Many thanks to Azaran and Superteddy for their superb efforts; I just got my print copy of The Smoking Ruins so this is extraordinarily well timed! (And feel free to DM me anytime). The developers on this group are awesome

CJ x

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    If anyone is interested in developing a full implementation, or even working on a BRP extension and wants to talk to Chaosium I am in in daily contact with Michael, Jeff and Mike (I moderate the Call of Cthulhu Facebook group). Usually if you ask nicely they are delighted to help, and given we all want to promote online play right now I am fairly certain they would be very happy to help anyway then can! Many thanks to Azaran and Superteddy for their superb efforts; I just got my print copy of The Smoking Ruins so this is extraordinarily well timed! (And feel free to DM me anytime). The developers on this group are awesome

CJ x
    I'm an enormous fan of Chaosium since it moved under "new" management - which means back under a team of seasoned, creative role-players. Releases such as Reign of Terror, Berlin and Dark Ages are superb.

But I am still wondering why they are waiting on community enthusiasts to manage what should be a key property. If VTT is a huge growth are (and it is) shouldn't they be investing (i.e paying) in a digital/coding manager to look at their properties?

BRP is a premium priced piece of coding.

The developers here are brilliant, but I am not sure whether the mix of fan/semi-pro support should extend everywhere

I can't answer for Chaosium as I am not an employee but from another rpg company i have worked for i think most publishers lack any coders or knowledge to manage it. I am assume people licence the rights to create things like BRP -- it is not done in house afaik. If you can offer to design a professional product I am sure they would be happy to license it or maybe pay work for hire. Happy to put you in touch if interested.

Thread Information