5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for DMs that want to be a player

Hello, I've been DMing 5e for 4 years or so. I've enjoy DMing and I don't want to give it up...however, I do miss being a player. So I'm looking to see if anyone wants to do a series of one-shot games where we rotate the DM. We can play other games, but 5e is what I have the most experience. I'm interested in PF2 & StarFinder, but I've not played them so I might be last on the rotation.

I am 36 years old. I have a full time job, wife, child, and going to school. I tend to swear and I'm very laid back. I'm hoping for a group with similar demographics, but that's not a deal breaker. What is a deal breaker for me is anyone that creates a hostile environment for anyone in the group. I want all players/DMs to feel comfortable being themselves without judgement or harassment. This is a game and I want us all to have fun.

I'm mostly free after 7pm Central Time. I should be able to play till midnight.

Hit me up, let me know what you think. I'm open for other games beyond what I've listed here.

Maheeb,

Count me in! A potential small tweak to your idea is that instead of one-shots, run a homebrew campaign set up in manner that the DM can be alternated. 1-3 sessions for each DM and then transitioned to the next DM. The benefit is a campaign with player character development for all player/DM's, an ongoing saga with all the twists and turns of multiple DM's adding to the story.

2 types of campaigns that I have heard this being done:
    1. The group is sailing and getting in adventures on different islands
    2. (The one I participated in and actually was the first DM) Planar Adventure with teleportation gates, and the teleportation gates are acting abnormally.

I am sure there are other great ideas that could be figured out...Obviously we need to find a group of DM's flexible enough and get together and determine a high level direction of the story.

Either one shots or alternating DM's count me in. Look forward to playing a character and learning from other DM's.

Available 7-12 M-Th Central Time (UTC -5)

I am a new DM looking to grow and have some fun - I could go last in the rotation and steal all your good ideas.
    I'm based in Australia so 7pm-midnight is 10am til 3pm which I could manage on your Tuesday night and Thursday night sessions.

Let me know what you think of that - 100% ok if you want to keep more experienced DM's in the rotation.

I like this and would be interested as well. Either idea. I've been dm'ing on FG for a couple years and a long time player of D&D. It would be a great way to improve as a DM/Player.

The Maheeb,

Looks like we have 4 DM's so far, looks like we could get together with this core group and go from there. Do we want to meet tomorrow night (Tuesday) and discuss direction?

I am also interested. Been playing on FG for about 2 yrs. D&D, PF, StarWars. Starfinder would be new to me.

Depending on the when, I might be available... 25 yrs+ DMing, about 3-5 (on and off) with FG2 as a player and GM. The idea of meeting on Discord (or something similar) and kicking ideas around is probably a good way to get things moving...

Started with the original boxed set back in 1979. Been playing and DMing before trying out most of the latest fads that came down the pipe - Traveller, Twilight 2000, Star Trek, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun etc.
    Currently DMing 2 games on saturday and sunday at 7pm cst. I play on thursday at 8pm cst. I could do Mon Tues Wed or Fri.

Just completed a full module conversion of a famous 1e/2e module to 5e, took me 4 days as the maps are non-existant. I was able to keep 90% of the canon material adjusted the other 10% of material to fit into the Forgotten realms setting. The module is a level 10-12. My Sunday will most likely get to be my first test group as they are almost level 10.

My next objective is to convert another 1e/2e module to 5e and it is another famous module. That project will probably take me a month.

I love the idea of DM rotation. Pm me here on the forum or Discord shez#o464

I am central time zone (GMT/UTC -5)
    Last edited by shezingzh; July 8th, 2020 at 12:23.

<Deleted>
    Last edited by DrSky; July 13th, 2020 at 18:41. Reason: Can no longer participate

Still looking for people? Focus has been Savage Worlds, DnD 5e lately. Comfortable with a couple other systems.

I have to be on call every 3rd week currently (on call this week) I have 1 game sunday evening and play in one generally alternating weeks on Saturday.

I am a little bit more serious during game time but don't mind more relaxed people as long as group doesnt get overly distracted or off topic. I.E. I want to play not MEME for 20+ minutes.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information