Starfinder Playlist

Token issue in FGU

I have a separate group under NPCs for my campaign. I noticed a panther had a big P for the image so I replaced it with another image I imported. I did so in my named group for this campaign under images. I went into assets and searched for my new image and found it. Then dragged it into my panther icon - and it put it in. Then put it into combat tracker - and it was back at P. Closed NPC sheet and reopened and it was back to P. I then moved the image from my campaign image folder into the campaign's token folder. Dragged that asset into the panther icon. And this time when I closed the NPC sheet and reopened it - it was my image. Hooray right? Wrong. I dropped it in my combat tracker and it was literally another different token from another NPC in my campaign's group folder under NPCs. Still said panther but was a different icon. Still showed NPC sheet with correct token image also - only combat tracker was messed up. Deleted it from combat tracker - exited the entire FGU and came back up. NPC sheet still had the correct token image. Dropped it into combat tracker - and now it also has the correct token image.

I am absolutely clueless as to what just happened.

But at least I found a workaround. Anyone know what is going on?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Does this happen consistently for you? Can you walk me through more specific steps (1,2,3,etc.)? Which ruleset? Which book? Which NPC? Which token?

Half the battle in trying to track down issues like this is getting exact details to recreate the issue, so we can actually identify and fix.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Does this happen consistently for you? Can you walk me through more specific steps (1,2,3,etc.)? Which ruleset? Which book? Which NPC? Which token?

Half the battle in trying to track down issues like this is getting exact details to recreate the issue, so we can actually identify and fix.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Been there, I understand

Let me try and duplicate it with the latest build that is downloading and I'll get back to you here with a step by step that is duplicatable with standard data you would have. If I can after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Thanks,
    JPG
    During this weekends local gaming group "KevyCon" I've run a fairly large complex session and that token thing happend a lot. Basically combat tracker would get a random token from someone else in my NPC's for KevyCon group for NPC's. Happened when I had 3 NPC's, 4 NPC's and 13 NPC's in combat tracker - would replace several with wrong token.

It seemed utterly random - and only when Combat tracker was first brought up in a new instance or when a new encounter was dropped. I saw no clear pattern. And it was fixable by finding the proper token and replacing it. This was in the Combat Tracker's token and the Link to the NPC sheet. But if I got the NPC sheet from the right hand list of all of them - it would have the correct token and I could replace it.

At a guess, your random use of 00001 type of non unique reference numbers has probably finally bitten you on the "you know where". Since you do this that way, you have to have everything without exception keep that number up to date across a number of places - have any operation forget to "update it" to the current correct one and you end up referencing some reshuffled number that points to the wrong token.

Or so is my guess. Based on my shock at seeing non unique ID's reused in your database. Best I can do for "duplication" as its not really consistent.

Thread Information