DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Other issues noted

Hello! I've noticed a few other anomalies:

1. Body Development does not add up the hits correctly. I end up adding hits to the "item" line in the skill to make up for the incorrect addition so no biggee but though you should know.
    2. The Green or red outline on the CT does not advance to the next character in the list since one of the previous updates. The helmet icon does move however. I just noticed this change over the past week, but perhaps it has been longer and I didn't notice before?
    3. The exhaustion point tracker deals in decimals? Is this intentional? The number of available exhaustion points seems correct and in whole numbers. It also gives the same amount of exhaustion points to those that do not engage in combat as those who do.

Hope all is well!

#2 on your list is a known issue with FGU at the moment (are you using FGU and not FGC?). Here is the thread in the FGU early release sub.

Quote Originally Posted by DodjerArtfell View Post
    Hello! I've noticed a few other anomalies:

1. Body Development does not add up the hits correctly. I end up adding hits to the "item" line in the skill to make up for the incorrect addition so no biggee but though you should know.
    2. The Green or red outline on the CT does not advance to the next character in the list since one of the previous updates. The helmet icon does move however. I just noticed this change over the past week, but perhaps it has been longer and I didn't notice before?
    3. The exhaustion point tracker deals in decimals? Is this intentional? The number of available exhaustion points seems correct and in whole numbers. It also gives the same amount of exhaustion points to those that do not engage in combat as those who do.

Hope all is well!
    #1. Can you give me an example of how it is not calculating correctly so I can see if it is just FGU or also happening in FGC?
    #3. Yes, the decimals are intentional because most of values shown in the tables use 1 exhaustion point every so many rounds. Here are the charts:
    Pace Exhaustion.JPGCombat Exhaustion.JPG
    I couldn't think of any other way to track it than to use decimals. The ruleset tries to track if rolled a move using one of the paces, attacked with melee, ranged or spell. Then it applies the appropriate amount. It doesn't have a way to track things done outside of the Combat Tracker though. I will look into the code to see if it is still tracking those appropriately though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    #2 on your list is a known issue with FGU at the moment (are you using FGU and not FGC?). Here is the thread in the FGU early release sub.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    #1. Can you give me an example of how it is not calculating correctly so I can see if it is just FGU or also happening in FGC?
    #3. Yes, the decimals are intentional because most of values shown in the tables use 1 exhaustion point every so many rounds. Here are the charts:
    Pace Exhaustion.JPGCombat Exhaustion.JPG
    I couldn't think of any other way to track it than to use decimals. The ruleset tries to track if rolled a move using one of the paces, attacked with melee, ranged or spell. Then it applies the appropriate amount. It doesn't have a way to track things done outside of the Combat Tracker though. I will look into the code to see if it is still tracking those appropriately though.
    Sure!
    First example. Common Man Fighter. 7 ranks of Body Development. 42 Rank Bonus +15 stat bonus (95) +2 level bonus = 50. I plugged in another 9 to make it right.
    Second Example: Wood Elf Animist: 3 ranks of Body Development. 21 Rank bonus +5 stat bonus (79), +20 miscellaneous bonus = 42. I added another 4 in item bonus to make it accurate.
    I have a total of 12 characters total and all have similar discrepancies.

Ah ok. For the exhaustion I'll pay more attention to the number given to each activity, but I've had characters/npcs just sit there and have had Exhaustion points added.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Oops I'm on FGU (my apologies Manwe!)

Quote Originally Posted by DodjerArtfell View Post
    Sure!
    First example. Common Man Fighter. 7 ranks of Body Development. 42 Rank Bonus +15 stat bonus (95) +2 level bonus = 50. I plugged in another 9 to make it right.
    Second Example: Wood Elf Animist: 3 ranks of Body Development. 21 Rank bonus +5 stat bonus (79), +20 miscellaneous bonus = 42. I added another 4 in item bonus to make it accurate.
    I have a total of 12 characters total and all have similar discrepancies.

Ah ok. For the exhaustion I'll pay more attention to the number given to each activity, but I've had characters/npcs just sit there and have had Exhaustion points added.
    I think I see where the issue is. The stat bonus for body development in RMC doesn't add instead it acts as a percentage increase/decrease. Here is the description in Character Law section 5.4 pg 58:
    Code:
    Summary for Determining total Concussion Hits:
    1) Start with a base hit total (BHT) equal to Constitution/10 (round up).
    2) Each time the Body Development skill rank is increased by one add 1-10 hits 
    (some non-humans use adifferent die for hits. See table 04-01) to the base hit total 
    (up to the racial max + Co Bonus, see Tables 04-01 and 05-03.)
    The actual concussion hit total used in play = BHT + (BHT x (Con Bonus/100)) round down.
    If you want to do it by adding the stat bonus then try changing the skill type from Hits to Man (manual). Then you can fill in what you want without it calculating things differently than you would like.

Dakadin explaied it better than me
    Last edited by Samzagas; July 3rd, 2020 at 03:29. Reason: Badly explained, took to long to answer.

Oh man sorry about that. Thanks. Yeah I guess I was so used to the later versions of RM I've forgotten many of the things that have changed throughout the decades. I just left it as is with the difference in the time column since when I changed Body Development to Manual it does not appear to do anything (i.e. I removed the value from Rank bonus, stat bonus, item and misc. and the total remained the same).

No need to apologize. The manual calculations require you to calculate everything so it won't even determine the total for you.

Thread Information