DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Little help - can't get my campaign to run

I downloaded FG through Steam and tried out the demo, subbed for a month, in that time I made a campaign using the 3.5e ruleset and ran that game. This was a while back but recently because of the current summer sale I decided to get the ultimate edition upgrade.

I did that, downloaded, and loaded up my campaign and everything worked and was as I had left it - but I hadn't yet registered on FG/Linked my steam account.

Today I registered for FG, linked my steam account, and when I was done with all that I couldn't load up my old campaign. In fact, I can't even load up any of the other sample campaigns either.

Really confused, if someone could explain - is that normal? Do I have to buy a 3.5 ruleset??? Oh and I already verified the download files but now anytime I try to load any campaign it just closes.

Welcome to the FG forums.

What, exactly, do you mean by "I couldn't load up my old campaign. In fact, I can't even load up any of the other sample campaigns either." Please provide details of the exact issue you're experiencing...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep, thanks.

Well, the exact issue I am having is that when I click the load campaign button, the list of campaigns available - none of them load. Not my old one that I worked and played with the demo, and had loaded up just last Friday, nor the sample 5e campaign. Nor can I make a new campaign because I don't own any of the available rulesets. It's strange though because I don't even see the 3.5e ruleset available anymore or any of the other ones I saw with the demo.

It will give me the loading screen when I try to load up my old demo, then poof, it's gone. Program closes. Yet, last Friday when I purchased the ultimate upgrade, the first thing I did was load up that campaign and it loaded just fine.

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling - no results, I even came here and downloaded the FG Unity, which did let me load up it's sample campaigns/create new ones but I had no luck getting the license key I have on Steam to be compatible/accepted, which isn't too surprising but was worth a shot.

I really have no idea what changed from last Friday from when I loaded it up last to today, other than I registered/synced my steam account.

Blog Entries
    After entering your new license key did you run an Update?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I did, and I checked for updates just now, to be sure - tried to load up any of the sample campaigns, program just closes.

I've also restarted my PC, hoping that'd work. Nope, I really have no idea what happened because I was using it last Friday and now I can't get anything going. Apologies that I can't be more specific - but that really is all I've got. I try to load any campaign and the program just closes.

I suspect that what has happened is that you have changed the location of where FG stores its data folder. Although having sadi that you should still be able to see all of the rulesets that come with FG. Can you screenshot the FG Data folder contents.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I think if there was an issue with the folders that FG would raise an error.

@D20 Check - when FG disappears, please start up windows task manager and look for a process called FantasyGrounds.exe - is there one still running?

If there isn't then it's crashed. Windows Application Event viewer will probably have a crash report - please check there and post the results of that crash report.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Copy and pasted from Steam - Again, thanks to everyone here for helping me find a solution, what mattered to me most was that I got the program running again, much appreciated.

[Solution for anyone curious]
    The issue was in fact duplicate file(s)/routes. After clearing out the ProgData Fantasy Ground file and backing up my campaign, I uninstalled everything. Went through SteamApps, cleared all that stuff out.

Tried reinstalling it through Steam, but the FG forums mods suggested installing through the website directly - following the Steam Sync, having done that, I've now tested it and it runs.

Everything opens well, which is great because I like widdling my free time away at adding bits here and there - I'm sure I can transfer my backed up campaign later and that should work, if not, oh well at least it's running.

In sum: As always, user end error. Thanks guys.

Thread Information